Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Past Matches - Blackburn 3-4 Bolton

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Past Matches - Blackburn 3-4 Bolton Empty Past Matches - Blackburn 3-4 Bolton Sun Mar 03 2013, 18:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As a bit of a build up to Tuesday's home game against Blackburn we thought it might build up a bit of passion in us if we looked back at a recent classic between our two teams and what better than turn our minds back to over 9 years ago - how time flies - to 10th January, 2004 at Ewood Park.

Enjoy -

Kevin Nolan scored twice as Bolton came back from 3-1 down to win a terrific derby against Lancashire rivals Blackburn.

Nolan's first came after 14 seconds, but Vratislav Gresko soon equalised.

Dwight Yorke and Andrew Cole put Rovers two goals up, only for Youri Djorkaeff's chip to reduce the deficit.

Rovers were stunned as first Stelios Giannakopolous, then Nolan scored for Bolton, who held on for a memorable win despite a frantic finale.

Fans were still coming into Ewood Park when Nolan fired Bolton ahead with a smart right-foot finish after being set up by Kevin Davies.

The goal was timed at 14 seconds - the fourth fastest goal ever scored in the Premiership - but the celebrations had barely died down when Blackburn equalised.

Gresko rifled a left-foot shot past Jussi Jaaskelainen from 20 yards with just two minutes on the clock.
Both teams continued to create an abundance of chances.

Brad Friedel displayed great athleticism on 14 minutes to hold a goalbound Emerson Thome header after Djorkaeff's finely judged corner kick.

Yorke and Cole - playing together up front for the first time in five matches - were both involved as Rovers took the lead with a controversial 24th-minute goal.

There was nothing wrong with Yorke's close-range finish after Cole nodded Thome's cross into his path.
But Sam Allardyce was fuming as defender Nicky Hunt was off the field receiving treatment after a foul by Cole which saw the striker booked - and for which he could have seen red.

And if Wanderers' boss was angry after that goal, he was absolutely fuming as Cole increased Rovers' lead on 34 minutes.

Bruno N'Gotty was culpable as his woeful header back to Jaaskelainen was seized upon by the striker and although Bolton's keeper got a hand to the shot, he could not prevent it looping into the net.

Wanderers refused to give up, however, and Djorkaeff made it 3-2 with a sublime chip over Friedel two minutes before the interval.

There was no let-up in the excitement after the interval.

Bolton fashioned a golden chance to equalise on 51 minutes, when Stelios saw a goalbound shot cleared by Lucas Neill with Friedel beaten.

But Blackburn seemed content to sit on their narrow lead, a dangerous policy which backfired with 17 minutes remaining.
Stelios pounced on Kevin Davies' flick-on to fire home and bring Bolton level.

And Rovers' were stunned five minutes later as Nolan added his second, blasting home from close range to secure a remarkable win.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blackburn: Friedel, Neill (Jansen 83), Babbel, Martin Taylor, Gresko, Emerton, Tugay, Douglas (Danns 74), Yorke, Cole, Gallagher (Baggio 64).
Subs Not Used: Johansson, Enckelman.

Booked: Cole, Gresko.

Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Hunt, N'Gotty, Thome, Charlton (Javi Moreno 69), Nolan, Campo, Frandsen (Giannakopoulos 31), Djorkaeff, Okocha, Davies (Pedersen 86).
Subs Not Used: Barness, Poole.

Booked: Nolan, Hunt, Davies.
Attendance: 23,538
Referee: S Dunn (Gloucestershire).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good work from K Davies there to keep the ball in play for their first.

It looked very bad at 3-1 down...Great 2nd Bolton goal to start the come back.

Great come back Smile

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a great game. I was sat with the Hillbillies and by the time the winner went in I didn't give a toss they all knew I was from Bolton.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great game. I got into a massive argument with the bloke sat next to me after Blackburn equalised. He was blaming Jussi and I disagreed. Silly little four eyed wanker. He ended up seeing sense in the end and agreed I was right all along. As usual.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Great game. I got into a massive argument with the bloke sat next to me after Blackburn equalised. He was blaming Jussi and I disagreed. Silly little four eyed wanker. He ended up seeing sense in the end and agreed I was right all along. As usual.
Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Great game. I got into a massive argument with the bloke sat next to me after Blackburn equalised. He was blaming Jussi and I disagreed. Silly little four eyed wanker. He ended up seeing sense in the end and agreed I was right all along. As usual.

Well, if you will take your boyfriend to matches with you...

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I didn't know you had a penis at the time. You silly little four eyed wanker.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Well, if you will take your boyfriend to matches with you...

Nat do your worst poster stuff, its funny as fuck. Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I didn't know you had a penis at the time. You silly little four eyed wanker.

Don't talk like that about Magoo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum