Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC Superstitions

+7
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
rammywhite
WhiteBic
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BWFC Superstitions  Empty BWFC Superstitions Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our 5 game winning streak has nothing to do with Dougie or the players, it is down to my bookmark.

I always read for exactly 20 minutes before I go to sleep each night. At the start of the 20 minutes I remove the bookmark (it's a BWFC one) and place it face down on my bedside cabinet next to my jar of pickled eggs.

For years I have placed the bookmark face down and at right angles to the bedside cabinet. I suspect I have mild OCD.

Anyway, the night before the Hull game I did something quite outrageous and placed the bookmark face UP. Really I did.

And the rest is history. Every night since I have done the same and we have won every match.

So please thank my bookmark for your recent joy.

Have any of your BWFC superstitions ever worked?

2BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only a moron is superstitious.

3BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:agree:

4BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:22

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I have a lucky pair of boxers, does this mean I am a moron?

5BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:I have a lucky pair of boxers, does this mean I am a moron?

Only a pretend moron.

6BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:28

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Our 5 game winning streak has nothing to do with Dougie or the players, it is down to my bookmark.

I always read for exactly 20 minutes before I go to sleep each night. At the start of the 20 minutes I remove the bookmark (it's a BWFC one) and place it face down on my bedside cabinet next to my jar of pickled eggs.

For years I have placed the bookmark face down and at right angles to the bedside cabinet. I suspect I have mild OCD.

Anyway, the night before the Hull game I did something quite outrageous and placed the bookmark face UP. Really I did.

And the rest is history. Every night since I have done the same and we have won every match.

So please thank my bookmark for your recent joy.

Have any of your BWFC superstitions ever worked?

Pickled eggs? It's no wonder you're celibate!!

7BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

For some reason, I start noticing things all over the place that has some connection , however slim, with the team we are due to play next. I've seen car stickers, even bloody number plate stickers, scarves, companies addresses from their town, something on the telly, and all that sort of thing. I usually have my first coffee on the morning of a game out of my Bolton mug. Only wear my first team shirt if I think were on a definite win, (bit uncertain nowadays though). And never, NEVER, let my wife use any of my Bolton mugs. Oddly enough, I don't regard myself as superstitious, as its only things to do with BWFC that I do anything about.

8BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I bought 2 new jackets 2 days before we went on the 5 match winning streak and have worn one of them for each game....... I'm starting to think I have been the source behind our good fortune.

9BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:.

As well as mild OCD I suspect you may also have a severe flatulence problem. It could explain why you are still single. Instead of pickled eggs why don't you subsitute your night time nosh for something more fragrant?

10BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Wed Mar 13 2013, 09:37

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I'm completely non superstitious. That hasn't stopped me from doing everything the same since we've been on this streak. If it continues I could well be wearing a thick jumper to Wembley, because if I change something and then we don't win it'll all be my fault. We have also been crossing over grass twice outside the reebok to get to the stadium, and my friend brings a flask to the game but I don't drink from it. I hope everyone else is doing their bit, karmically.

11BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Wed Mar 13 2013, 15:18

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I tend to get a confidence boost whenever I see a white horse outside the Reebok or on the way to the match.

12BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Wed Mar 13 2013, 15:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Go through Edgworth to the match then. The White Horse has been there over a hundred years!!

13BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Wed Mar 13 2013, 15:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I stopped wearing my cup semi-final scarf half way through last season, but things didn't improve and we kept losing. I thought I'd face superstition so tried it again but we drew. Maybe I should wear it on Saturday - after all that scarf 's first outing was a 5 nil drubbing at Wembley followed by a string of losses and finally a draw, so it's due a win - or is that tempting fate?

14BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Wed Mar 13 2013, 15:40

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:I stopped wearing my cup semi-final scarf half way
through last season, but things didn't improve and we kept losing. I
thought I'd face superstition so tried it again but we drew. Maybe I
should wear it on Saturday - after all that scarf 's first outing was a 5
nil drubbing at Wembley followed by a string of losses and finally a
draw, so it's due a win - or is that tempting fate?

Burn it!!!

15BWFC Superstitions  Empty Re: BWFC Superstitions Wed Mar 13 2013, 15:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sgt. Bash wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I stopped wearing my cup semi-final scarf half way
through last season, but things didn't improve and we kept losing. I
thought I'd face superstition so tried it again but we drew. Maybe I
should wear it on Saturday - after all that scarf 's first outing was a 5
nil drubbing at Wembley followed by a string of losses and finally a
draw, so it's due a win - or is that tempting fate?

Burn it!!!
Smile Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind - but it serves as an object lesson in the dangers of complacency.
That said, if I wear it on Saturday and we win...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum