Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Dougie thought about the game - Ipswich

+5
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dougie Freedman was left disappointed, after his side were edged out in a closely-contested game against Ipswich Town at Portman Road.

Carlos Edwards fired a late winner for the Suffolk club, as Wanderers’ eight-game unbeaten run came to an end.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “We are obviously disappointed with the result. The lads in the dressing at full time were upset that we didn’t win the game.

“I felt we were dominant in possession throughout, but that we could have possibly worked the goalkeeper a little more when we were going forward.

“We did make chances and created the opportunities in the final third, but that final decision as to whether to shoot or pass wasn’t quite right.

“The commitment was certainly there from both sets of players and I thought it was a tough Championship game, with two sides going all out for the win.

“Ipswich are a difficult side to play against. Mick has got them working hard and they, like us, fought for every loose ball.

“I’ve been in this game a long time and know that there’s still a long way to go.

“The important thing is that we don’t look back. We’ll now go away and regroup over the international break and come back fresh for our next away trip to Charlton.

“There’s no doubt in my mind that we can go on another unbeaten run if we play the way we are at the moment.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We can still get in the play offs but he really needs to bring in a striker or a good attacking midfielder whilst the loan market is open as our lack of creativity will kill our chances of going up this season.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On another day, we would of got a point.

Df, is right though.

Look forwards, next game please.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Trouble is, we bring forwards in, get all excited about them then write them off after a quiet game.

Strikers need stability, not being dragged in and out, three games at a time.

There's potential in each of Ngog, Sordell, CDavies and even Afobe (who we sent back, of course) in my opinion.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keepers need stability too but we've ditched boggers!

:falltopieces:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So do fans.

Sordell is fast, so why the fuck does he never play ?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As I posted earlier in the week ..... winning streak while not playing particularly well was a grand old thing. Today we did not get the bounce of the ball ....the result is back to normal. A promotion chasing side has the bulk of the play, most of the chances, and gets beat against the run of play by a fluke or penalty etc. We did not deserve a point today ....against a side who started at 20th in the division. There are no excuses that I will accept.
Holden, Sordell, Kamara all parked on the bench but bring SKD to save us.....Duh.
Anyway the Math says we can still do it so onwards we go.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

This five match winning run gave a false impression of the team and manager, both just plain ordinary.

Ipswich are a poor team yet they won. I didn't see the game but I'll still give my opinion (like it or not you Dougie lovers) that obviously we will start next season in this same league, we will be in and out of the top six, but with the dithering Freedman incharge, promotion next season, or any season will not happen.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dougie has made some great decisions and some silly ones. The way football thinks means the silly ones are only silly while he's losing matches.

I think we have enough quality to sneak into sixth despite the five point gap. We're defending great, but are very scrappy going forward. Dougie has to start making the most of our best attacking options and it's crazy that Medo's still a benchwarmer when he's potentially a lot of what we've been missing from day one.

It's important that we finish the season well even if we don't make it. Finishing bottom half is still very doable - imagine the negativity going into next season if that were to happen.

chipbutty wrote:
This five match winning run gave a false impression of the team and manager, both just plain ordinary.

Ipswich are a poor team yet they won. I didn't see the game but I'll still give my opinion (like it or not you Dougie lovers) that obviously we will start next season in this same league, we will be in and out of the top six, but with the dithering Freedman incharge, promotion next season, or any season will not happen.

Why dithering? Was the 5 match winning run purely down to luck then? Who would you prefer as manager?

doffcocker wrote:Dougie has made some great decisions and some silly ones. The way football thinks means the silly ones are only silly while he's losing matches.

I think we have enough quality to sneak into sixth despite the five point gap. We're defending great, but are very scrappy going forward. Dougie has to start making the most of our best attacking options and it's crazy that Medo's still a benchwarmer when he's potentially a lot of what we've been missing from day one.

It's important that we finish the season well even if we don't make it. Finishing bottom half is still very doable - imagine the negativity going into next season if that were to happen.

I'd agree with this but I do think he's made more good decisions than bad.

I think what's most clear from yesterday is the need for creative players and pace, too often we turn out these scappy performances and don't create much.

As for Medo, I'd assume he'll play when Spearing goes but not alongside him? Pratley probably holding down a pace for his energy and height.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No body actually knows what Medo brings, he's only had cameos and from that most said he was more of a break up artist that a creative outlet.

correct me if I'm wrong.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

None of the strikers who played actually had a decent chance to get a shot off.
Passes to the forwards were when they were cloesly marked and when they did make runs they were either out wide or the pass didn't arrive.
Thought this was the type of game where we needed a bit of pace and trickery up front and Sordell should perhaps have partnered Ngog from the off.
Bottom line is that the midfield didn't deliver the quality needed.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:
Anyway the Math says we can still do it so onwards we go.

Howdy there partner

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just to stick up for Dougie a bit since hes just had a five match run and totally turned our season around.

- Playing N'gog, C.Davies, Lee and Eagles is a very very positive line up imo.

- Going of points per game since Mick has been in charge would put Ipswich in the playoffs, so they aren't 'shit'

A close game, just lost it at the end, had to happen eventually.

The next 4 games look very promising.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum