Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What made you a Bolton fan?

+13
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
xmiles
NickFazer
scottjames30
Tigermin
Natasha Whittam
JonnyRandom
Lofty_Love
Sgt. Bash
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What made you a Bolton fan? Empty What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 01:16

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We all have this in common, but why did you chose the whites over our nearest clubs, for me it was a mate of mine who dragged me to an away fixture against Preston, after that I was hooked.

2What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 01:20

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:We all have this in common, but why did you chose the whites over our nearest clubs, for me it was a mate of mine who dragged me to an away fixture against Preston, after that I was hooked.

Glory hunter! :biggrin:

3What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 01:24

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was born and brought up in Bolton.

4What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 08:09

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Me dad and me grandad. Simple as that

5What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 08:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was forced to watch Bolton from the age of 5. I still hold it against my father.

6What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 09:16

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

JonnyRandom wrote:Me dad and me grandad. Simple as that

Same here !!

7What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 09:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Going to burnden park as a kid.

8What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 09:45

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I was forced to watch Bolton from the age of 5. I still hold it against my father.

Similar, my mate at school pestered the life out of me to go, he was a Bolton fan although we both lived in Swinton. The the lightweight stopped going after we went down from Div 1 in 1981 but I was hooked.

I see him now and again, really should get round to sending him the bill for all those season tickets, away trips and premature ageing brought on by supporting the Whites, maybe with some discount for promotion seasons. Laughing

9What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 11:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

1958 cup final. Yes I'm a glory hunter - not that I've seen a lot of glory since 1958. Sad

10What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 11:07

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:We all have this in common

DINGLIST!

11What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 11:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was lucky enough to be born and brought up in a place which has the world's greatest football club.

12What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 12:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm not sure how I saw the light really, my mums a bolton fan, my dads a liverpool fan and my auntie is a united fan. I was told by all 3 of them that each club was the best.

I can't remember what year it was exactly but I remember seeing us play one time in the yellow kit back in the late 90s and was hooked on bolton ever since, I begged my mum and dad to buy me the whole kit.

13What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 13:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:We all have this in common

DINGLIST!
We have a great history going back way before the formation of the football league. We've won the cup 4 times. We played in front of the biggest crowd ever assembled in the history of football. We've had a rollercoaster ride through all the divisions and back. So perhaps it's more interesting to get an insight into why you became a Burnley fan - any thoughts?

14What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 17:37

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

'So perhaps it's more interesting to get an insight into why you became a Burnley fan - any thoughts?'

Simple really, I would have been disowned by my father and ostracised by most of my family.

In your little list Wanderlust I don't see Champions of England or last 8 of a European Cup competition in there.

I expect it's because you are very modest.

15What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 17:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My reason is this.

Im from bolton.

16What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 19:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:'So perhaps it's more interesting to get an insight into why you became a Burnley fan - any thoughts?'

Simple really, I would have been disowned by my father and ostracised by most of my family.

In your little list Wanderlust I don't see Champions of England or last 8 of a European Cup competition in there.

I expect it's because you are very modest.
Indeed.

17What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I was forced to watch Bolton from the age of 5. I still hold it against my father.
And are you still forced to go or do you now enjoy going?

18What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:07

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm Bolton born and bred and it has always been a pleasure to follow the team that selected me to be a supporter. It's much better than picking the team yourself!

19What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:28

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just seemed a natural part of growing up at the time, started with a mates dad taking us.

One thing I remember from being a kid is seeing the Burnden Floodlights on the Skyline and hearing the crowd from where we lived.

20What made you a Bolton fan? Empty Re: What made you a Bolton fan? Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:40

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My first football game I ever saw was at Burnden Park and it was Bolton v Birmingham. Never looked back. Bolton has a rich history and non of the flase glory that teams such as United etc have in thinking that winning every game or teh League year on year is the be all of football. It the joy of winning, the bitterness of losing its the sorrow of dropping a division but the ecstasy of going up - all emotions involved with our club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum