Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The IDS Challenge

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The IDS Challenge Empty The IDS Challenge Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A market trader has challenged Iain Duncan Smith to try to live on £53/week to see if he can manage it. Remember here that anyone can suddenly go from a decent paid job to no job with only benefits so the test will be realistic in that sense.

If you think he ought to do the test, and for him to see how far out of touch he and his cronies are, then sign the petition.

Remember the £53 has to cover electicity, gas, water, council tax, food, travel expenses to/from job centre and interviews, housing insurance and possibly the bedroom tax...
(I am not including cigarettes as working on the assumption the majority of unemployed on benefits do NOT smoke, and not including drink as that is a costly luxury nor Sky TV as most who ahve satellite only have Freesat or sky version of freesat! - but if they were to be added.... affraid )

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week

2The IDS Challenge Empty Re: The IDS Challenge Tue Apr 02 2013, 00:07

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Done, I hate that smug twat.

3The IDS Challenge Empty Re: The IDS Challenge Tue Apr 02 2013, 00:19

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Perhaps the best post there has been.

Yes have signed up.

IDS like many others like will probably spend £53 on a bottle of wine with his dinner.

As we all know there are many, including ordinary working people who agree with cuts in benefits but say nothing about the tax avoiding millionaires

4The IDS Challenge Empty Re: The IDS Challenge Tue Apr 02 2013, 00:20

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mr Magoo wrote:Done, I hate that smug twat.

Also done, l'm feeling a bit guilty now, for voting for you in the most annoying poster thread.

Only joklng Laughing

5The IDS Challenge Empty Re: The IDS Challenge Wed Apr 03 2013, 00:57

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Count me in. I've duly signed up.

6The IDS Challenge Empty Re: The IDS Challenge Wed Apr 03 2013, 07:54

I signed it but it's never going to happen is it? The answer he gave was "If I had to, I would". Which is political speak for "I'm never going to have to am I?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum