Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No More Children Please

+5
Triumph
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21No More Children Please - Page 2 Empty Re: No More Children Please Fri Apr 05 2013, 16:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

scottjames30 wrote:
Triumph wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Surly its better now than 20-30 years ago ?
Trust me it isn't.
I'm 30 so can't comment.

But why ?

It's an age thing - I remember my dad saying similar to me when I was younger and I didn't see anything wrong with the world I'm living in at the time - and I say the same to my daughter now and she can't see anything wrong with the world she is in now.

Clearly physical things, like more people needing more houses, cars, kids, hospitals, schools, jobs, etc - are more noticeable to you as you get older.

Things you can't touch seemed to have changed too, such as respect, patience, tolerance seems to be getting less and less as the years role by.

Personally I think things have now taken a turn for the worst in the western world now and that wealth, living standards and access to services such as health will be on a steady decline from now on.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

22No More Children Please - Page 2 Empty Re: No More Children Please Fri Apr 05 2013, 17:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Triumph wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Surly its better now than 20-30 years ago ?
Trust me it isn't.
I'm 30 so can't comment.

But why ?

It's an age thing - I remember my dad saying similar to me when I was younger and I didn't see anything wrong with the world I'm living in at the time - and I say the same to my daughter now and she can't see anything wrong with the world she is in now.

Clearly physical things, like more people needing more houses, cars, kids, hospitals, schools, jobs, etc - are more noticeable to you as you get older.

Things you can't touch seemed to have changed too, such as respect, patience, tolerance seems to be getting less and less as the years role by.

Personally I think things have now taken a turn for the worst in the western world now and that wealth, living standards and access to services such as health will be on a steady decline from now on.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

I hope your wrong too.

But your probably right, I thought at one time not that long ago i'll have to work until i die.

Now i'll have to keep working after i'm dead.

23No More Children Please - Page 2 Empty Re: No More Children Please Fri Apr 05 2013, 17:14

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't have children if you can't afford them.

24No More Children Please - Page 2 Empty Re: No More Children Please Fri Apr 05 2013, 18:44

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:That Mick Philpott who set fire to his house killing six of his 11 children clearly got what he deserved when he was given a life sentence.

But the argument today seems to be whether the "benefit culture" enjoyed by many is the reason Philpott did what he did. He wanted to burn down the house so the council would give him a bigger one.

George Osborne questioned whether it was right for the state to "subsidise" people with Philpott's lifestyle and I quite agree. I cannot believe that in 2013 a man can have 11 children and the state will provide benefits for them all.

Surely the state should only pay for one or two children, if you want more you should damn well have to cough up the cash yourself.

This is crazy. Deep down everyone knows that people don't need three children and that those that have multipe kids are arseholes. So why doesn't the government simply say enough is enough and cut benefit for child number 3 onwards?

No one needs more than two children.

agreed, nat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum