Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Strikers: Why Are They So Shite?

+9
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Triumph
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:The hipster and whittam show is back.

Nowt wrong with that show when it's on topic.

I'd say that you need very good goalscoring midfielders if you are going to get promoted without a 15 goal plus forward.

Martin Paterson got 19 the season we were promoted.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll look forwards to this show.

as I've never witnessed this old firm game before Very Happy

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we go up we will need better strikers. But it is a fair point, 7 goals for our highest goalscoring striker in this league is pathetic.
If we go up we need to sign some proven goal scorers. Charlie Austin would be a good signing. I would like to see us try sign someone like Dzeko or Hernandez of United.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Who played the most games upfront for us this season?
SKD ...... a striker that has never been required to score......the rest have not played due to either injury, not selected or just not in the squad.
I think that given the oppertunity Sordell/Ngog/Cavies/Eaves will get more goals between them rather than hoping to sign a 20+ goalscorer.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote: I would like to see us try sign someone like Dzeko or Hernandez of United.

I would like to stand on your specs.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Boggersbelief wrote:The hipster and whittam show is back.

It never went away. Very Happy

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Michael Bolton wrote:If we go up we will need better strikers. But it is a fair point, 7 goals for our highest goalscoring striker in this league is pathetic.
If we go up we need to sign some proven goal scorers. Charlie Austin would be a good signing. I would like to see us try sign someone like Dzeko or Hernandez of United.
Dzeko or Hernandez probably make 100k + per week ....forget any big name strikers....to boot they would only want a glamour club...like Real Madrid or Bury Razz

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ngog is hard to love because he's as reliable in front of goal as a blind man - I don't think anybody in the stadium really believed he'd score when he was one on one with the keeper yesterday - that he wouldn't want 85 touches before taking a shot and lose the ball somewhere early in the process.
People won't ever fail to undervalue what he brings to the table in other respects for this reason. He's a physical player who at his worst is awkward to defend against. The ball just sticks best when he's up there.

Sordell obviously has talent. It's a breath of fresh air, a player that uses both feet. A few times yesterday, he controlled the ball with his left and came in on his right and vice versa which caused problems. Where he goes most wrong is when he doesn't have the ball. So often, something is his to challenge for and he's not interested.

Craig Davies needs a run in the side and Kevin Davies should have gone two years ago.

In terms of goals, why are people eager that they all be scored by the same person? 28 players have scored as many or more than our leading goalscorer yet as a team we've scored more than all but three of the league.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

In terms of goals, why are people eager that they all be scored by the same person? 28 players have scored as many or more than our leading goalscorer yet as a team we've scored more than all but three of the league.

Because we're in 8th position. We need a 15+ goals a season man to be higher.

And just because someone scores 20 goals doesn't mean other players won't score too.

p.s. I can't decide whether you are WUMing. You spent your life trying to get rid of SKD and now it's happened you seem to have decided Ngog is the greatest player since Messi.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Chris Gayle - Peterborough
Paddy Madden - Yeovil

Becchio has done precisely sweet FA at Norwich might be worth a go. Don't think we would get Austin or Rhodes.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

It's generally a must to have a 15+ goal striker if you're going to win anything.
It's generally a cliche to say that.
If you have a good team that creates lots of chances, it's likely that the striker will score lots of goals not the other way round.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum