Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why.

+3
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why. Empty Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 06:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not being funny but why is Bogdan in our goal, when we have a better, much more confident GK in Lonergan ?

Every time i see his name on the team- sheet it makes me cringe.

Even if he couldn't do anything about the three goals last night, his kicking was absolute zero, and he had a shocker last week against Bristol , we were lucky to win with the flapper in goal.

If i was Lonergan i'd be gutted that he was keeping me out.

2Why. Empty Re: Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 07:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Answer: Dougie Coyle. The clueless fuckwit.

3Why. Empty Re: Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 08:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Answer: Dougie Coyle. The clueless fuckwit.

You don't guide a poor side shot of confidence fom 20th to promotion hopefuls if you are clueless.

By your logic coyle is an above average monkey at best.

4Why. Empty Re: Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 08:42

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think Bogdan did much wrong last night. I would prefer Longergan though. I think he brings confidence to our back line.

5Why. Empty Re: Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 11:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Boggers is in because he's played well recently in the eyes of the manager.
Lots of people seem to want him to fail and will try to blame him for everything, but if you look at it objectively - which I hope the manager does - he's done reasonably well.

6Why. Empty Re: Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 11:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I prefer Lonners but we can't blame Boggers for last night. I doubt Lonners or any other keeper would have saved the Leicester goals.

Boggers needs to improve on his distribution and kicking but let's give the lad time instead of jumping on every mistake he makes. He must be doing okay in training otherwise Dougie would have dropped him for Lonners. Dougie doesn't strike me as the sentimental type where players are concerned.

7Why. Empty Re: Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 11:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Answer: Dougie Coyle. The clueless fuckwit.

You don't guide a poor side shot of confidence fom 20th to promotion hopefuls if you are clueless.

By your logic coyle is an above average monkey at best.

You're only as good as your last game.

And that is particularly apt when it comes to Dougie in the eyes of many.

There was an unbelievable love in on twitter after the Bristol game saying he was a "genius" and lots of people posting pictures of him saying "i love this man!"

After this game, the rumblings are there again saying it's his fault we won't make the playoffs and we should have got Nigel Adkins.

You couldn't make it up really.

8Why. Empty Re: Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 11:52

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nigel Adkins!?

9Why. Empty Re: Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I think Boggers is in because he's played well recently in the eyes of the manager.
Lots of people seem to want him to fail and will try to blame him for everything, but if you look at it objectively - which I hope the manager does - he's done reasonably well.

:facepalm:

He was awful at Bristol City.

But even ignoring that fact, do you honestly think he's played better than Lonergan - and more importantly, do you think the defence performs better in front of Bogdan?

10Why. Empty Re: Why. Wed Apr 17 2013, 13:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I think Boggers is in because he's played well recently in the eyes of the manager.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He was awful at Bristol City.

But even ignoring that fact, do you honestly think he's played better than Lonergan - and more importantly, do you think the defence performs better in front of Bogdan?
I didn't say which I think is the better player Natasha. I said I assume he was picked because Dougie thinks he's playing better at the moment. Not sure if that's in games, in training or both.
Lonergan could have been throwing it into his own net and tripping over his bootlaces all week for all I know.
Doesn't matter really as it's the managers choice and as it turned out Boggers played well.
Buttwipe was different story by all accounts. I think that Dougie knows him of old and still thinks him to be the player he once was.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum