Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Championship Relegation Battle

+3
Michael Bolton
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Championship Relegation Battle Empty Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back in February it looked like we couldn't buy a result and we'd be struggling to avoid the drop to L1, but somehow - and I'm still not sure how we managed it - we're in with a chance of going in the other direction. So who is going down with Bristol City?
Any two of Barnsley, Wolves or Posh (all tied on 51 points) I reckon.
Rovers (53 points and a game in hand) have Millwall away, Palace at home and Brum away and probably only need one win to be safe. Huddersfield (54 points) have relegated Bristol City away and then Barnsley at home which will be a cracker, but I can't see two teams catching them although you never know.
Which leaves:
Posh who have Sheff W (H) and Palace (A)
Wolves who have Burnley (A) and Brighton (A)
Barnsley who have Hull (H) and Huddersfield (A)
I reckon Wolves will go down as I can't see them winning either fixture. Posh may get 3 points v Sheff W, but if Barnsley can beat Huddersfield on the final day....
So for me it's Wolves plus either Barnsley or Posh (which could be decided on GD)

2Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're forgetting burnley, nat mentioned in another thread that they could go down and I dismissed it.

But they've lost again today and as you say, they play wolves next week..

I think Blackburn will be safe unfortunately especially if they beat millwall on Tuesday, for me it's Barnsley and wolves to follow Bristol down.

3Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnley drew today and it would need a freak sequence of results for them to get relegated - very, very unlikely.

4Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:18

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wolves game against Burnley is at home not away. I think it is funny that Wolves are in the bottom 3 still. Dean Saunders after their win at Birmingham was saying he was looking to win their next two games (against us and Huddersfield) and be looking upwards rather than be in a relegation battle.
I would love it if Wolves went down, absolutely love it.

5Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh so they did! Last minute equaliser, missed that.

Ahh good point for them.

6Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:19

I expect Rovers to beat Palace at home, which will do us a favour. But if they were to lose at Millwall midweek the pressure would REALLY be on against Palace. Blackburn fans do not handle pressure very well.

Wolves have two tough games, they may get something against Burnley but can't see them getting anything at in-form Brighton.

Everyone always has Peterborough down for the drop, but I've always had this feeling they would escape, I still think they will.

I'm going to say Wolves & Blackburn to join Bristol City in League 1. But I'm never that lucky!

Last edited by Passi on Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:25; edited 1 time in total

7Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MB is right - Wolves are at home v Burnley but I'm sure Sean Dyche will have his players fired up seeing as they are still not completely safe. Brighton will murder them though.

8Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 19:17

We're not in this battle, we'll get 7 points from the last 9. Onwards and upwards wankers!

9Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 19:51

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm feeling a bit calmer after that point. The first 45 minutes was one of the worst I've seen Burnley play (and I'm talking about the old 4th Division days as well) but to give Dyche a little bit of credit, he made two substitutions at half time and changed our tactics. We deserved a point in the end.

I had us down to get only one more point before today and that was at home to Ipswich.

I think that we'll just be alright now.

10Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I'm feeling a bit calmer after that point. The first 45 minutes was one of the worst I've seen Burnley play (and I'm talking about the old 4th Division days as well) but to give Dyche a little bit of credit, he made two substitutions at half time and changed our tactics. We deserved a point in the end.

I had us down to get only one more point before today and that was at home to Ipswich.

I think that we'll just be alright now.

If Wolves dick you next week you'll go down.

Fingers crossed.

11Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:10

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hahaha Wolves, Blackburn and Burnley you shit bastards [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

12Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:26

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Hahaha Wolves, Blackburn and Burnley you shit bastards [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

All former champions of England. ::FU::

13Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:31

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Going down, going down, going down...

And not just on your sisters for a change [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

14Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:35

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hope that when Bernard reads that, he changes his password and doesn't let his 13 year old nephew anywhere near his computer again. ::FU::

15Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:39

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hahaha I will love it if you inbred dingle wankers get relegated.

Hopefully one out of you, Wolves or Blackburn will definitely go.

Fingers crossed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

16Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:40

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Hahaha I will love it if you inbred dingle wankers get relegated.

Hopefully one out of you, Wolves or Blackburn will definitely go.

Fingers crossed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

Out of the 4 teams in the Play Offs I'd prefer it if Bolton went up. ::FU::

17Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:42

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You horrible bastard. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

18Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:45

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You boil in the bag jobby. ::FU::

19Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:49

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I now want you to go down more than Wolves or Blackburn [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

20Championship Relegation Battle Empty Re: Championship Relegation Battle Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I now want you to go down more than Wolves or Blackburn [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

Ok we get it. You don't like burnley.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum