Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dubious penalties awarded to us!

+9
Hipster_Nebula
WhiteBic
Born to be a wanderer
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Dubious penalties awarded to us! Sun Apr 21 2013, 20:36

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We have scored a few goals that have won us games from penalties in our recent good run. Nearly all of the pen awards have looked a bit divey to me. Any thoughts?

#not complaining

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Sun Apr 21 2013, 20:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

At the game, I couldn't see what the penalty was given for yesterday. When I saw the highlights, I still couldn't see why it was given.

In fairness, I thought we had three very good claims against Leicester, two of which weren't given.

3Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Sun Apr 21 2013, 20:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

on TV the penalty looked a soft one, but I didn't get a super slow motion action replay

4Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Sun Apr 21 2013, 20:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a blatant dive. Diving bastard.

5Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Sun Apr 21 2013, 20:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But he's our diving bastard Smile

6Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Sun Apr 21 2013, 21:37

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:But he's our diving bastard Smile

Correct it was no more a penalty than Ricardo "Tom Daley" Fullers for Charlton.

7Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Sun Apr 21 2013, 22:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think it was a penalty and I don't think it was a penalty when Ngog was fouled at Bristol either.

8Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Wed Apr 24 2013, 18:43

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Well it makes up for the alonso pen v Birmingham away.Zaha at home v Palace.At the start of the season we had give 8 penalties away 4 dubious so I'm not complaining now.

9Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Thu Apr 25 2013, 14:43

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I remember when Gerrard dived at the reebok (2005?) and we ended up drawing 2-2. I was seething with the dubious decision. Surely over the last 10 years more have gone against us than for?

10Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Thu Apr 25 2013, 17:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The worst was the Ronaldo dive when Gardner clearly got the ball about 2 inches infront of the ref and he gave it.

I'm still annoyed about that to this day.

11Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Thu Apr 25 2013, 17:13

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wasn't that J'Loyd?

12Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Thu Apr 25 2013, 17:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Jamster26 wrote:Wasn't that JLloyd?

It was indeed Jam.

Cristiano Ronaldo sprawled inelegantly in the Bolton penalty area as a furious Jussi Jaaskelainen and Gavin McCann leant down and bawled at United's world-class trickster. So every picture tells a story?

Not this time, it doesn't. 'Ronaldo was on the floor saying, "I didn't want a penalty!",' reported Bolton skipper Kevin Nolan, who saw his team's sterling efforts wiped out by referee Rob Styles' inexplicable decision to award a spot-kick after JLloyd Samuel's perfectly timed tackle on the Portuguese.

Nolan said: 'I don't think one of them put their hands up asking for a penalty. Fletcher's going, "It's not a penalty", Tevez is going, "It's not a penalty". Twenty players who were in the box at the time knew it wasn't a penalty.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'But the man who was in black had the final say. They couldn't believe their luck. But you're at United and unfortunately that happens. It does strike fear into you when you look at this magnificent stadium. Maybe that's what's happened to the referee. He said he thought JLloyd took Ronaldo before the ball. It didn't make sense to me at all. But I can't say too much or I'm going to get done by the FA.'

Ronaldo, who did not celebrate his penalty, also hit a post and set up the chance for Wayne Rooney to step around Nolan and dispatch United's second against a Bolton side too badly shaken to recover.

It is far too easy a sport to criticise referees but Styles has previous - particularly with the penalty he awarded Chelsea against Liverpool last season which prompted Keith Hackett to apologise to boss Rafa Benitez.

Bolton manager Gary Megson will not be waiting by the phone.

'The news that we'd got him (Styles) at Old Trafford went down like the Bismarck with the players on Thursday,' he said. 'It didn't look an instantaneous decision. It's as though he gave himself a few seconds to think about it, which makes it even worse. It wasn't "I know what I'm doing here". It was a case of "blow the whistle then let's see what we give".

'I thought he was going to book Ronaldo for diving, which wouldn't have been right, either, because he didn't. JLloyd made the tackle and Cristiano went over his leg and that was it.'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Thu Apr 25 2013, 17:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The worst was the Ronaldo dive when Gardner clearly got the ball about 2 inches infront of the ref and he gave it.

A proper fan would know the real facts. Hang your head in shame.

14Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Thu Apr 25 2013, 17:30

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That's probably the worst I've ever witnessed.

Not the only time Styles fucked us over.

15Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Thu Apr 25 2013, 18:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The worst was the Ronaldo dive when Gardner clearly got the ball about 2 inches infront of the ref and he gave it.

A proper fan would know the real facts. Hang your head in shame.

I would if that bothered me.

16Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Thu Apr 25 2013, 19:50

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

If the penalty call is in our favour, it is clearly the right decision.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Dubious penalties awarded to us! Empty Re: Dubious penalties awarded to us! Thu Apr 25 2013, 21:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:If the penalty call is in our favour, it is clearly the right decision.

Agreed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum