Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What players would you bin off in the summer ?

+11
terenceanne
Born to be a wanderer
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
aaron_bwfc
Barryjw
Jamster26
wanderlust
Bernard Dennis Park
gloswhite
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What we have to be careful of is getting rid of too many players. DF has done a lot of work changing how we go about things, and we need to keep a core team that remains familiar with our way of play.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't forget if we had similar results as we had over the last two months we would have walked this dam thing. So a few tweaks and an influx of a little bit more quality. Wholesale changes are not required...plus we can't afford it.
Of course if we can get better players at all positions then go ahead but that's not realistic in my view.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Must admit to not understanding the Bolton fans' Zat Knight animosity.
He's prone to the occasional concentration lapse but hasn't been among the worst players this season by any stretch. For the best part, he's been quite solid.

No problems with him staying on if the price is right.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ricketts has to go, he has been awful all season, no pace.I agree with Doffcocker about Zat Knight.I dont think Eaves will make the grade, he just looks awkward and clumsy but I have only seen him twice so the jury is out.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I like Ricketts and think our defense was a lot stronger once he was in the team and Mears was out.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sorry to say that I think Ricketts legs have gone now. Oppostion wingers leave him in their wake, most recently Boro wide players made him look as though he was treading water. Indeed on Saturday he never got tight on Philips all afternoon. Whenever he got forward Medo had to drop in behind him as he couldn't get back when we lost possession. Maybe we can get cash for him to sign the likes of Sainsbury. I fear we are stuck with Mears because of his injury/sickness problems. Unfortunately young Joe Riley seems injury prone.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:If this Sainsbury fella is a right back then I can only guess that either Mears or Ricketts are being shown the door.
Trent Sainsbury will play at right back, If we sign him. I'd imagine Mears is the first one for the chop!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ricketts has been awful for a while. Way too slow and wasteful with possession.

What's the situation with Andrews' contract? I hope it was a one year deal, though I doubt it was. He's a thoroughly dreadful player.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:What about Doyle from Wolves ?

Mick McCarthy has got Doyle on his radar at Ipswich.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:
What's the situation with Andrews' contract? I hope it was a one year deal, though I doubt it was. He's a thoroughly dreadful player.

Unfortunately, Andrews signed a 3 year contract with us last season, so he has 2 years remaining. Thanks Coyle you useless prick!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie will know by now what is required. Who should go and who will be staying. I can't see Mears being part of the squad.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

No need to worry about players in contract. If Dougie doesn't want them they will be moved on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum