Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Premier League Shelf Life

+10
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
waynagain
wanderlust
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
MartinBWFC
observer
Michael Bolton
NickFazer
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Premier League Shelf Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Shelf Life Tue May 21 2013, 10:40

Natasha Whittam wrote:
waynagain wrote:Interesting view from Fox Soccer - interesting that they may be forecasting the demise of the Prem now that they have lost the TV rights.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's actually a good and very honest article.

The Premier League is shit. There are some good games, but only because defending is a dying art. How can someone like David Luiz be a top player, he's absolute garbage. He'd have been playing for Barnet if he'd been born 30 years earlier.

Football is dying in this country, and I for one won't shed a tear over it.

It might be my age but I've never shared this view, every time I see videos of football 'back in the day' it looks worse to me. Worse pitches, slower pace and players nowhere near as fit as they are now (in general).

David Luiz is a brilliant player, crap defender but very entertaining, what more could you want.

22Premier League Shelf Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Shelf Life Tue May 21 2013, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

It might be my age but I've never shared this view, every time I see videos of football 'back in the day' it looks worse to me. Worse pitches, slower pace and players nowhere near as fit as they are now (in general).

David Luiz is a brilliant player, crap defender but very entertaining, what more could you want.

Just because players are fitter and play on better pitches doesn't make them better players. Quite the opposite in fact. If these ponces had been playing 30 years ago they'd be playing in Division 4 at best.

David Luiz is an entertaining player of which there is no doubt, and that's my point. Football is possibly more entertaining these days, but it's not because the players are better, it's because they are shit and make so many mistakes.

23Premier League Shelf Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Shelf Life Tue May 21 2013, 11:21

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Just because players are fitter and play on better pitches doesn't make them better players. Quite the opposite in fact. If these ponces had been playing 30 years ago they'd be playing in Division 4 at best.

David Luiz is an entertaining player of which there is no doubt, and that's my point. Football is possibly more entertaining these days, but it's not because the players are better, it's because they are shit and make so many mistakes.

You've no idea though, for all you know the players of 30 years ago wouldn't have coped with the pace of today's game, not to mention the fact you can watch so much more football these days so your bound to see more mistakes - I'll bet some of the defending 30 years ago was comical.

Think your just being nostalgic, Im yet to see any evidence players were better then than they are now.

24Premier League Shelf Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Shelf Life Tue May 21 2013, 11:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

You've no idea though, for all you know the players of 30 years ago wouldn't have coped with the pace of today's game, not to mention the fact you can watch so much more football these days so your bound to see more mistakes - I'll bet some of the defending 30 years ago was comical.

You've watched Bolton, a team in the top division only 12 months ago. Half this team can't control a simple pass, and NONE of them can pass, except maybe Mark Davies.

You wouldn't have made it past Sunday league football 30 years ago if you weren't comfortable with the ball at your feet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum