Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone play football manager?

+3
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Does anyone play football manager? Empty Does anyone play football manager? Fri May 24 2013, 18:31

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I used to love football manager although I find the new ones far too detailed and take way too long. Some of the old ones back in the early 2000s were the best I thought. Do you agree?
But they are the thief of time are football manager games, I feel kind of guilty playing it as I get really into it and then come off 4 hours later thinking well that was a waste of time.
I remember when I was at uni during the summer holidays I once switched it on at 9am and I finally got off it at 4pm the following day.
What do others think of football manager games? Are you into it or do you stay away from it as it takes up too much time?
I have to say if I was at school/college now - with the PS3 online play, these football manager games, the internet, sky tv, etc - I would never ever get any home work or coursework done.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never ever played them, are they good ?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:Never ever played them, are they good ?

They were superb! Buying/selling players, trying to get a few good loan players in, sometimes you would find some striker who scores goals for fun and are worth a fortune and start getting some big money bids come in - do you sell or not? If you did well you would get offers from bigger clubs to manage them.
Great fun but just takes ages.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have played them, but like you have stated, they are too detailed - too much stuff to do

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

TBH, I love this one, I have been playing it for years now and you can manage 1 team for free. The game is very addictive btw. Very Happy

http://www.footiemanager.com/

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:TBH, I love this one, I have been playing it for years now and you can manage 1 team for free. The game is very addictive btw. Very Happy

If I join will I be able to manage BWFC, I lose interest otherwise.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:TBH, I love this one, I have been playing it for years now and you can manage 1 team for free. The game is very addictive btw. Very Happy

If I join will I be able to manage BWFC, I lose interest otherwise.

Don't sign anyone crap for us!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I love FM, though I agree parts of this and last years are a bit too detailed - the training and talking to your chairman and coaches every time you join a new club gets a bit tedious.

I'm probably in the middle of one of the longest career games to date on any of the FMs I have played.

Very addictive.

10Does anyone play football manager? Empty Re: Does anyone play football manager? Sat May 25 2013, 18:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do they have cheats on so you have unlimited funds and stuff ?

11Does anyone play football manager? Empty Re: Does anyone play football manager? Sat May 25 2013, 18:06

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, I know they try to make the game as detailed and accurate as possible but its more like a second job on these current versions. I don't want to be fiddling about with training, telling players exactly what to do every game, fiddling about with the smallest detail for each formation.
I liked the simplicity of the earlier versions, I mean really all you want to do on a football manager game is pick the team, pick the formation, buy/sell players.
I think managing Bolton is about a tough a challenge as you can get on these games, with so little money to spend it is hard to buy decent players. I remember on something like the 2006 game I got John Hartson and Kevin Kyle in on loan and they were brilliant, scored about 16 league goals each, so I spent £8m in total to bring them in the following summer and then the buggers couldn't score for toffee. Ended up having to play Henrik Pedersen.

12Does anyone play football manager? Empty Re: Does anyone play football manager? Sat May 25 2013, 18:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So, to cut a long story short, you're a crap manager.

13Does anyone play football manager? Empty Re: Does anyone play football manager? Sat May 25 2013, 18:10

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:Do they have cheats on so you have unlimited funds and stuff ?

Yes you can use the editor to give yourself endless money - I think the maximum was about £9bn. I once started a game as Kidderminster in the Conference with like £9bn to spend - I was buying players from league 1 and 2 for £3m and £50,000 a week just to get them to come and then aim to release them (if the board let you) as soon as they had served their purpose. Embarrassingly I got the sack.

14Does anyone play football manager? Empty Re: Does anyone play football manager? Sat May 25 2013, 18:12

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:So, to cut a long story short, you're a crap manager.

I wouldn't say that. Did you give that game a try? I bet you got us relegated?

15Does anyone play football manager? Empty Re: Does anyone play football manager? Sat May 25 2013, 18:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Do they have cheats on so you have unlimited funds and stuff ?

Yes you can use the editor to give yourself endless money - I think the maximum was about £9bn. I once started a game as Kidderminster in the Conference with like £9bn to spend - I was buying players from league 1 and 2 for £3m and £50,000 a week just to get them to come and then aim to release them (if the board let you) as soon as they had served their purpose. Embarrassingly I got the sack.

Is it easy to pick up. like get to grips with?

16Does anyone play football manager? Empty Re: Does anyone play football manager? Sat May 25 2013, 18:16

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, the earlier versions very easy. I don't like the current versions. I think Football Manager 2006 was the best version I played, it was still very detailed but not like it is in the current versions. You can get it on amazon used for 1p plus £2 postage. Top game, you will love it - but it is so addictive and you do tend to waste a lot of your free time on it. But having said that - don't we anyway on the internet?

17Does anyone play football manager? Empty Re: Does anyone play football manager? Sat May 25 2013, 18:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Yes, the earlier versions very easy. I don't like the current versions. I think Football Manager 2006 was the best version I played, it was still very detailed but not like it is in the current versions. You can get it on amazon used for 1p plus £2 postage. Top game, you will love it - but it is so addictive and you do tend to waste a lot of your free time on it. But having said that - don't we anyway on the internet?

That's the thing though, if it goes on forever I might not get any sleep and be a grumpy bastard the next day.

I might get it then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum