Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Qatar 2022 world cup

+3
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Michael Bolton
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:25

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am reading that FIFA are planning on playing the World Cup in the winter time because it will be an average of 41 degrees in June in Qatar.
But my point is, has there ever been anything so bloody stupid than giving a World Cup to a country like Qatar who only have one stadium, have no tradition in football, totally stupid climate, nothing for fans to go and see or do there - they can't even have a drink.

Quite clearly Qatar bought the World Cup with back handers. FIFA are corrupt and it makes me really angry. To think England bid for the World Cup and got one vote despite us being the home of football, amazing passion for the game, amazing stadiums, a country that fans would come to. What a bloody joke. FIFA are a disgrace.

22022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You hit the nail on the head, their is no other reason apart from the mega bucks money Qatar's representatives threw at Fifa to buy the World Cup.

Plus if it had come down to either us or Qatar to host the world cup, their was no way Sepp blatter was going to give it to us.

32022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is corruption at the top of any business or sport, it's a sad fact of life.

However, I do feel if the FA were brave enough to resign from FIFA and start their own governing body that many countries would follow - if England, Italy, Spain and Germany resigned from FIFA there'd be no money left to go around for everyone else and they'd jump ship quicker than Michael Bolton after relegation.

42022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:43

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:There is corruption at the top of any business or sport, it's a sad fact of life.

However, I do feel if the FA were brave enough to resign from FIFA and start their own governing body that many countries would follow - if England, Italy, Spain and Germany resigned from FIFA there'd be no money left to go around for everyone else and they'd jump ship quicker than Michael Bolton after relegation.

You have hit the nail on the head. FIFA is so corrupt that countries should start resigning and form a new governing body. I don't think that panorama programme the day before the voting was a clever move by the bbc, they should have been bollocked for that. But until countries pull out this will continue.

You are right also that sports governing bodies who decide who will get major sporting events are clearly in a position to be bought - it clearly isn't right that it's down to a few individuals to decide.

I bloody hate Fifa. Enjoy the brazil World Cup next year because it us clear that the world cup will now go to whoever pays the biggest back handers.

52022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

I bloody hate Fifa. Enjoy the brazil World Cup next year because it us clear that the world cup will now go to whoever pays the biggest back handers.

The Qatar World Cup will be a disaster, it'll be the last time in our lifetime that it's given to such a minor nation.

62022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah they should have it in England every time. Rolling Eyes

72022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 14:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah they should have it in England every time. Rolling Eyes

Where did someone suggest that?

Are you tired of being the site WUM yet?

82022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 14:21

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah they should have it in England every time. Rolling Eyes

Why are you saying that?

92022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 14:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The Qatar World Cup will be a disaster, it'll be the last time in our lifetime that it's given to such a minor nation.

I actually hope you are right.

102022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:16

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The countries that decide where the next (really next but one) World cup is played should be the 32 that qualify for the next World Cup. The countries that are actually going to be competing should have the say.

Why should countries like Trinidad (lovely place by the way) get to vote on where it is played.

112022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

Why are you saying that?

because it seemed to be the attitude, at the time, and obviously still is, that England had a divine right to host the tournament.

and of course the only reason another country got the bid was because of corruption because surrrrrrrely nothing could be better than our bid!

lets not forget the Fifa delegates were put up in 5 star hotels for free and leant on in the same way by the english bid as they were by the Quatrain bid.

The Fifa remit has been to try and get the world cups to new nations and developing when they can. I don't have a problem with it.

122022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 16:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm in favour of Qatar. They didn't do anything that every other previous host didn't do. They'll do a good job and FIFA will be able to tick the "Arab" box without having to go to a relatively oppressive state like Saudi, Kuwait or Syria.
Funny how nobody whinges about sporting events in Dubai.

132022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 16:05

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Maybe they should move the winter Olympics to July so it won't be so cold

142022 - Qatar 2022 world cup Empty Re: Qatar 2022 world cup Fri Jun 07 2013, 16:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:Maybe they should move the winter Olympics to July so it won't be so cold

Well it might give Jamaica a chance at another medal if they did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum