Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to do?

+8
Tigermin
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What to do? Empty What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 18:22

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

My Border collie is dying of lymphoma he's at the vets every friday for chemo and on tabs daily,my cat is dying of some thyroid problem he's on special food for it,my little bitch follows me everywhere literally even to the john, sleeps next to me just lives for my every movement, thing is we have two weeks in florida booked next sat the 29th and i have to leave my eldest in charge of all this he,s 26 going on 14 and makes kevin look good, i want to go but i dont feel i can, dont care about the money and i know i'll worry when i'm there especially about my little bitch, he say's i can do it dad but the other week he asked me which was right and left!!! what the fuck should i do?

2What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 18:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Put some faith in your eldest - he may surprise you

3What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 18:32

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I no it maybe harsh, but if your pet is in pain do the right thing and have him put to sleep.
Then use the holiday to remember him, and celebrate the time you had together.

4What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 18:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I no it maybe harsh, but if your pet is in pain do the right thing and have him put to sleep.
Then use the holiday to remember him, and celebrate the time you had together.

For once I am in complete agreement with four eyes.

5What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 21:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've been there- both my previous dogs had cancer and I had to put them to sleep. On both occasions I took a couple of days of work.
Get the vet to your house and do the right thing.
If you can't do that then cancel your holiday as you won't enjoy it as you'll be worried sick morning noon and night about the dog.

6What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 21:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's funny how you get attached to pets. Especially dogs. We used to have a Boxer who lived for eleven years. His legs eventually went and we had to have him put down. We had his ashes put in a little casket which we keep in our lounge. We vowed never to have another dog but the following new year we went to Leigh Dogs home and adopted a Border Collie pup. She lasted ten years and then her back legs went and when we took her to the Vet to have her put to sleep I couldn't bear to watch as the Vet administered the lethal injection. I had to go outside and leave the missus with the Vet. Her ashes sit in a casket next to our Boxer. We vowed never again but the following Xmas we visited Manchester Dogs Home in Harpurhey and we now have two dogs.

I know you get tied down when you have a dog but I can't see us ever not having a dog tbh.

7What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 21:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My Border Collie is coming up to his 14th birthday and apart from him taking longer to get up and his back legs dragging a bit he's right as rain.

I'd have him put down Angry, it's for the best, maybe not for you emotionally but it's best for the dog.

I hope someone would do the same for me if I end up knackered and ill.

8What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:28

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My 17yr old male cat, who I had from a tiny kitten, he was seriously ill, with a nasal tumour and we had booked a family holiday to Spain months in advance.

We reluctantly went on holiday, but I had the feeling that I wouldn't see my much loved cat when we returned home. 

We left our cat with my mother in law, but about 5 days into our holiday, I got the dreaded news that they had to have him put down.

I actually felt guilty about not taking him myself to the vets, as I felt it was my duty as I was his owner.

As Rammywhite said, I would get the vet to your house If money isn't an issue, it is far too stressful, at the vets.

9What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:35

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I hate Cats.

10What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:46

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What are vets for lad ??? They take the decisions away from you ! If it was your mum , dad ,brother ,sister,wife etc or anyone who was suffering you would want their pain to end rather than go on suffering ?

11What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:What are vets for lad ??? They take the decisions away from you ! If it was your mum , dad ,brother ,sister,wife etc or  anyone who was suffering you would want their pain  to end rather than go on suffering ?

:agree:

12What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:59

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:It's funny how you get attached to pets. Especially dogs. We used to have a Boxer who lived for eleven years. His legs eventually went and we had to have him put down. We had his ashes put in a little casket which we keep in our lounge. We vowed never to have another dog but the following new year we went to Leigh Dogs home and adopted a Border Collie pup. She lasted ten years and then her back legs went and when we took her to the Vet to have her put to sleep I couldn't bear to watch as the Vet administered the lethal injection. I had to go outside and leave the missus with the Vet. Her ashes sit in a casket next to our Boxer. We vowed never again but the following Xmas we visited Manchester Dogs Home in Harpurhey and we now have two dogs.

I know you get tied down when you have a dog but I can't see us ever not having a dog tbh.
Kinder spirits RT.

13What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 23:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mans best friend AD. Probably one of the truest statements ever written.

14What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 23:31

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He,s not in pain though he,s not at that stage yet just a bit lethargic and knows somethings wrong they do know you know, my bitch knows he's not right she keeps sniffing and fussing him. Dont laugh but she's a Bishon frise and i absolutely adore her she's not all poncified i keep her shaggy like a mini old english and she'd follow me anywhere unconditional love as they say, i fucking even take her on minding jobs she just sits in the car or van or truck, we stop at a transport cafe and she has a couple of sausages ,i just prefer animals to humans as mates, the women go all goey over her, its a wierd combo i know. I have to decide tomorow and i cant let the wife down or the two boys and you know who .As physically and mentally hard as i think i am, really i have a weak spot animals and sobbing women will be my downfall, it was a woman that got me stabbed. i think iv'e just blown six grand because i cant leave her , i cant put him down for the sake of a holiday and i cant trust the lad at all i was more of a man than him when i was 12, i have just drunk a large bottle of Teachers and a bottle of merlot, i'm a fucking idiot ,the wife has fucked off to bed after giving me a right earful.

15What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 23:35

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

A dog RT looks at you and no matter what you do to it it forgives and just wants you to love it.

16What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Thu Jun 20 2013, 23:46

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Tigermin wrote:What are vets for lad ??? They take the decisions away from you ! If it was your mum , dad ,brother ,sister,wife etc or  anyone who was suffering you would want their pain  to end rather than go on suffering ?
When he is at that stage tiger i will but he's in remission right now which makes missing two good weeks of his life so wrong.

17What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Fri Jun 21 2013, 07:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its a no win situation AD, if you go away you'll be worrying what going on back home, but if you don't go your Mrs will make your life hell.

If you've paid for it i'd go and trust the lads, just ring them every night , to see how things are going on.

18What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Fri Jun 21 2013, 11:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:A dog RT looks at you and no matter what you do to it it forgives and just wants you to love it.

I agree. You don't get the same feeling when you stare into the eyes of a fish.

19What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Fri Jun 21 2013, 11:20

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Or a newt.

20What to do? Empty Re: What to do? Fri Jun 21 2013, 11:29

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:Its a no win situation AD, if you go away you'll be worrying what going on back home, but if you don't go your Mrs will make your life hell.

If you've paid for it i'd go and trust the lads, just ring them every night , to see how things are going on.
Yes i guess that will have to be it scott.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum