Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle: I Was Too Close To The Players

+4
waynagain
scottjames30
JAH
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coyle: I Was Too Close To The Players Empty Coyle: I Was Too Close To The Players Fri Jun 28 2013, 16:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Coyle has revealed that his main regret from his time managing Bolton Wanderers was getting too close to the players. There were times he felt he couldn't drop players because they were his friends.

Coyle spoke exclusively to Natasha's mole..."I have always been a players manager, one of the lads you might say. I eat with the players, laugh with the players, shit with the players. It was great for team morale but made it difficult to drop certain players."

Coyle remembers one particularly awkward situation..."Zat Knight had just had another awful game, gifting the game to the opposition, and I really wanted to leave him out. But he'd invited me to his sons bar mitzvah the following day, and not just a sausage roll and vol-au-vents bash, it was properly catered and everything. How could I leave him out at Wolves?"

Coyle is almost whispering now but he continues..."I introduced Ping-Pong tournaments to get some fighting spirit into the team, unfortunately it backfired as most of the players turned out to be better Ping-Pong players than footballers. They preferred to practise hitting balls to each other and I didn't have the heart to get them back on the football pitch.

Coyle has vowed not to make the same mistake twice and has begged Graham Barrow to stay on at Wigan, and not follow Roberto Martinez to Everton. He sees Barrow as the link between the players and the manager.

"I really don't want to find myself on Sam Ricketts sofa again, placing my car keys in a bowl" says Coyle.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You must be bored! lol!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's actually 100% true.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't doubt that at all, but do you/does anyone really give a monkey's?:dontgetit:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:I don't doubt that at all, but do you/does anyone really give a monkey's?:dontgetit:

How dare you. People sit at their PCs all day to hear this shit.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

with Coyle anything is possible.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

More Coyle stories - why?

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

waynagain wrote:More Coyle stories - why?

He's an ex Bolton manager, the last one in fact.

Wigan are in the Championship.

He was the manager when Bolton were relegated.

He's such an odious, lying, self congratulating plastic god botherer that people want to talk about .

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:More Coyle stories - why?

Its not rocket science ?

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well Nat is considering becoming a Wigan supporter - maybe she thinks Coyle will do a better job with them than Freedman will do with Bolton.
I personally hope he does well at Wigan and I also hope SKD signs with a Championship team and does well, just so I can laugh at all the pillocks on here who bad-mouth them while they sit and let Gartside give them one up the Hershey Highway.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:
I personally hope he does well at Wigan

Why would you want him to do well at our rival club ?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't know Zat Knight was jewish.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I didn't know Zat Knight was jewish.

I didn't .

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, I believe every word, and will follow your 'work' with great interest. I'm already planning my days so that I will read your next piece within minutes of its delivery.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Nat, I believe every word, and will follow your 'work' with great interest. I'm already planning my days so that I will read your next piece within minutes of its delivery.

Me too. Can you send us a timetable of when the next mole scoops will be published so we can put it in our calendars?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's just getting his feet under the table right now, but once he finds a suitable hiding place in Dave Whelan's office the flow of information will, er , flow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum