Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manic Monday or damp squib?

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Manic Monday or damp squib? Empty Manic Monday or damp squib? Sat Jun 29 2013, 08:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've waited patiently for the transfer window to open and already we've signed a few and been linked with a shedload. I'm hoping that Dougie has been wheeling and dealing behind the scenes whilst keeping his gob shut. Are we expecting confirmation of a few more signings on Monday when the club can go "official" or will it just be another day of speculation and :tumbleweed: ?

2Manic Monday or damp squib? Empty Re: Manic Monday or damp squib? Sat Jun 29 2013, 09:59

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I suspect that the club will want to announce the signing of Baptiste at 00:00:01 on 1st of July with speculation building

3Manic Monday or damp squib? Empty Re: Manic Monday or damp squib? Sat Jun 29 2013, 10:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:We've waited patiently for the transfer window to open and already we've signed a few and been linked with a shedload. I'm hoping that Dougie has been wheeling and dealing behind the scenes whilst keeping his gob shut. Are we expecting confirmation of a few more signings on Monday when the club can go "official" or will it just be another day of speculation and :tumbleweed: ?

It suits me if Dougie keeps his cards close to his chest. No point advertising who you are interested in at the risk of getting gazumped.

4Manic Monday or damp squib? Empty Re: Manic Monday or damp squib? Sat Jun 29 2013, 11:07

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think we'll see quite a few new signings on Monday.

5Manic Monday or damp squib? Empty Re: Manic Monday or damp squib? Sat Jun 29 2013, 12:53

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why wait until Monday - other teams have already said who they've signed.

6Manic Monday or damp squib? Empty Re: Manic Monday or damp squib? Sat Jun 29 2013, 13:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm hoping Dougie is playing it a bit smarter. Baptiste was announced and then a few days later it came out that Holloway was after him implying it wasn't a done deal. Ideally we want decisive action from Dougie, getting the transfers done quickly so that the squad has more time to get to know each other and settle.
We still have allegedly got a few deals in the balance: Beckford, a mystery striker, Hall and possibly Sainsbury plus some other rumours that have stagnated recently, so it would be good to tie up what he needs asap and from our perspective, let us know what's really going on. But as RT says, keeping quiet until it's done and dusted is generally a good plan. I would like to know who he plans to dump though.
I'm expecting there will be lots of transfers announced on Monday, but not necessarily BWFC transfers.

7Manic Monday or damp squib? Empty Re: Manic Monday or damp squib? Mon Jul 01 2013, 16:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A mere £144 million of transfers gone through so far on the opening day, but there's plenty of time.
Looks like Anelka will be heading to West Brom and Swansea are after the guy we've been inaccurately associated with on several occasions in the past Bafatembi Gomis (the new Drogba) but apart from that nothing especially interesting.
Hopefully Dougie will get our business done early.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum