Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone worried yet?

+15
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Hip Priest
observer
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
Angry Dad
scottjames30
JonnyRandom
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
ROGUEMANNY
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Anyone worried yet? Empty Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 11:42

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I know we are only 7 days into the window but is anyone else getting a little worried

Spearing doesn't look like its happening
No news on Dawson
Rhodes won't happen
Austin won't happen

Yes we have for in 5 players but none that have made me sit up and take notice.

The other promotion hopefuls all seem to be doing business now

We need a permanent centre back and quality striker and then possibly a centre mid on loan as Davies not ready till next year and Holden is not the same player

2Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 11:48

Worried?!? We're 7 days in and we're signed 6 players when has that happened before? This is an incredible thread.

Rhodes, Austin and Spearing are all highly unlikely and always have been, Dawson is next to impossible whilst we're a championship side.

We've performed way above my expectations so far, we won't sign every player the papers link us with you know!

Last edited by bwfc1874 on Sat Jul 06 2013, 11:50; edited 1 time in total

3Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 11:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If Nixon is to be believed (and he seems more informed than anyone else I know) everything revolves around buying a striker with a goal scoring record (that doesn't include Beckford) first - then depending on what money if any we have left, going after the likes of Dawson, Spearing, etc.

Plenty of time yet.

4Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 11:56

ROGUEMANNY wrote:I know we are only 7 days into the window but is anyone else getting a little worried

Spearing doesn't look like its happening
No news on Dawson
Rhodes won't happen
Austin won't happen

Yes we have for in 5 players but none that have made me sit up and take notice.

The other promotion hopefuls all seem to be doing business now

We need a permanent centre back and quality striker and then possibly a centre mid on loan as Davies not ready till next year and Holden is not the same player

Which of the other promotion hopefuls have done good business? - Genuine question, I'm out the country so may have missed something.

5Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 12:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't sleep at night I'm that worried.

6Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 12:46

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

How on earth are you worried? If anything the future looks brighter now than it has been for a long time. Calm down matey, plenty of time

7Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 12:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll get either Austin or Rhodes, a new defender and another midfielder.

He will be mithering the bollocks of Gartside.

8Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 13:26

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

This positivity is what I wanted to read

COYWM

9Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 13:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Can't sleep at night I'm that worried.

Smile

10Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 13:51

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

With two proper full back on board and cover with Riley and the lad from Wednesday, I think we will be better defensively than last year as long as Wheater can stay fit and Knight / Mills perform anything like. Mills says he wants to fight for his place which shows some character and who knows we might see an improved player this season.

Midfield looks OK to me and if we get Beckford or similar to convert chances we are almost good to go with a  full pre season under Dougie to sort tactics etc out.

8 weeks until the window closes so plenty of time for some ins and outs, counting the days till Burnley already.

11Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 14:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not worried one bit. I think we'll get all our business done in the next two week or so.

First up looks likely to be the loan winger, who's a very good player according to Nixon. Still believe we'll bring in an exciting goalscorer if not Rhodes and then look at Dawson

12Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 15:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd be more worried if I was a Wigan or Rovers fan to be honest.

Douglas has made some shrewed signings so far, seems more clued up in the transfer market than what Coyle did IMO.

I'm looking forward to see what other signings he makes before August 31st, should be exciting times.

13Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 17:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dawson was like Cahill. Good...far from irreplaceable. I'm surprised how many people are convinced he's a must have. If Wheater's fit, he's just as capable of doing a job.

14Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 21:20

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It looks like, If we miss out on Rhodes, which I think is likely, there won't be another bid for a prolific striker.

Maybe, If we miss out on Rhodes, we can put a bid in for Spearing and Dawson? WBA, might not want to sell Dawson, so we live in hope.

15Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sat Jul 06 2013, 23:07

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:Dawson was like Cahill. Good...far from irreplaceable. I'm surprised how many people are convinced he's a must have. If Wheater's fit, he's just as capable of doing a job.
Feel bad disagreeing with you... but Dawson turned the club around from a loser to a winner.  Cahill, as good as he was, had us losing when he was on the pitch.  We actually did better when he was out injured for some unknown reason.  Dawson really turned us around and made Knight look decent (I can't say good).

16Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sun Jul 07 2013, 00:39

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I have to disagree with my little nipper and say that Dawson is an essential signing if at all possible. Turned the season round with his defensive organisational skills and looked a goalscoring threat every time he went forward for set pieces.
I'm not worried either, I get the distinct idea that our Douglas knows exactly what he is doing and I'm pretty impressed by the way he is going about things thus far.

17Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sun Jul 07 2013, 03:51

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

doffcocker wrote:Dawson was like Cahill. Good...far from irreplaceable. I'm surprised how many people are convinced he's a must have. If Wheater's fit, he's just as capable of doing a job.

Couldnt agree more with you there. Wheater had a decent career so far(ish). He came to us and did well imo. He had that really bad injury and now people are talking about him like a fragile creature. Hes as good as dawson i think and seeing hes OUR player makes him more committed

18Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sun Jul 07 2013, 07:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What does slightly concern me is that Mills and Ream want to "stay and fight for their places". Will the same apply to Mears? None are likely to feature so hopefully they'll get a wage cut to allow better players to come in.

Today's papers say we're offering Wheater a new contract.

19Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sun Jul 07 2013, 22:52

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Spearing is off to Blackburn so that's one decent player off the list and into the hands of a rival. We all k ow he is a good player.

Wigan are signing Holt who will score goals in this league

We have improved the defence but we can't rely on Eagles to score most of our goals again.

20Anyone worried yet? Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sun Jul 07 2013, 22:57

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hmmm I wonder if this will spark a move on our front for Spearing?...For 1.5 million it seems a steal, depending on what wages he wants.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum