Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Diet

+7
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Diet Empty Diet Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:28 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Since we are on a bit of a health kick at the moment, is anyone on a diet?

I have never bothered with dieting until recently even though I knew I was overweight. Then I heard about the 5:2 fasting diet. This is simple and really does work. All you have to do is restrict your calories to about a quarter of your daily intake (600 calories for a man) any two days of the week. The rest of the week you eat and drink normally.

I have lost two stone in six months and am pretty happy about it. Like any diet you have to stick at it but it is very flexible and no foods or drink are forbidden on the non-fasting days. Once you have lost enough weight you switch to a 6:1 regime to maintain your weight.

2Diet Empty Re: Diet Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's aways at the back of my mind to Eat sensibly, which I do mostly, fruit and veg , nothing fried.

Unfortuanetly, l like a Butty and a Drink, now and again.

3Diet Empty Re: Diet Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:02 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Over the part 12 months I have started watching what I eat, calorie counting apart from my tea when I basically have what I want.  I also started going to the gym too.  Lost about 2 stone, which is nice Smile

4Diet Empty Re: Diet Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have been on a Milky Way diet. I am addicted to milky ways. I buy multiple bags of fun size Milky Ways and I end up eating a whole bag within an hour. I have eaten 5 bags since Sunday. They are bloody gorgeous with a cup of tea though.

5Diet Empty Re: Diet Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:34 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've lost a lot of weight on Paul McKenna's: I can make you thin doodah.
You basically eat and drink what you want provided its solely when you're physically hungry (as opposed to emotionally...or "comfort eating").

You eat when you're hungry (not doing so slows down metabolism), eat what you want, eat slowly and "consciously" (eating fast means you miss the signal that you're full, and thus overeat), and stop when you're full.

The main thing about it is it's sustainable. "Healthy" eating, calorie counting...dieting is just tiresome and you're bound to crack sooner or later.

6Diet Empty Re: Diet Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:40 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think you're alright with Milky Ways.

They're the ones you can eat between meals.

So  get to the Cash and Carry and fill your Boots

7Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 am

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Banks of the Croal wrote:I think you're alright with Milky Ways.

They're the ones you can eat between meals.

So  get to the Cash and Carry and fill your Boots

Yes the advert is right, it doesn't spoil your appetite. I can eat 30 on the bounce and still eat my dinner. 

I just weighed myself and I have put on a stone. I am 24 stone now. But I am just big boned.

8Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:10 am

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't need to diet.

If anyone wants to lose fat quickly I recommend HIIT.

9Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:05 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I never heard of anyone's bones putting on a stone MB:rofl:

10Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:35 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was a veggie for 17 years and got big and my cholesterol went up to 8.5. Nothing on the planet has higher naughty cholesterol than coconut which I used a lot in cooking. Being a veggie was obviously killing me so I packed it in and started eating meat and fish again - lots of meat and fish. But I was still overweight.
Anyone who has tried will recommend Atkins or similar. I go to the gym regularly, but diet-wise I ate nothing but fry ups and steak for 6 months, lost 3 stones and my cholesterol dropped a point. When I hit my target weight I stuck to the diet but added salads and substituted fry up brekkie for porridge - but otherwise generally stay away from carbs and I find it easy to keep to my perfect weight. Nowadays I drink spirits rather than wine or pints for the most part but have enough leeway with this approach to have the occasional carb splurge.
Despite all the bullshit that the critics come out with about Atkins, it has worked for everyone I know who has tried it and nothing drops the weight faster (bar amputation) if you stick to it. When you hit the weight you want to be at, it's easy to adapt into a "maintenance" diet.
On average, males who stick to the Atkins diet and exercise regularly lose 3 to 4 lbs a week, females slightly less than that. First week or so you lose a lot more. No nonsense.

11Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:09 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Whatever works for you WL is fine by me but I know several people who tried the Atkins diet and couldn't stick to it. Any diet will fail if you don't stick to it. One of the many good points about the 5:2 diet is that it is very easy to stick to it because there are no forbidden food items. Just restrict your calorie intake for two 24 hour periods during the week. Plus there are other beneficial medical effects from intermittent fasting.

12Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:23 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you all weren't lazy twats and worked hard like me you wouldn't need to diet. Very Happy 

13Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:If you all weren't lazy twats and worked hard like me you wouldn't need to diet. Very Happy 

What is it you work hard at Scott?

14Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:22 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Interesting debate is exercise. There's increasing research going into the influence it actually has on weight. I saw a programme not long ago that proved it to have no material impact for some people at all.

I've always done a massive amount - walking, football, tennis, gym - yet not always been a healthy weight. I sometimes tried doing even more cardio than I already was but it made no difference.

I think anybody trying to lose weight should focus more on their eating habits.

15Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:24 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

doffcocker wrote:Interesting debate is exercise. There's increasing research going into the influence it actually has on weight. I saw a programme not long ago that proved it to have no material impact for some people at all.

I've always done a massive amount - walking, football, tennis, gym - yet not always been a healthy weight. I sometimes tried doing even more cardio than I already was but it made no difference.

I agree.

16Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

100% in agreement. You put weight on by eating too much. the more food you put down your cakehole the more calorific content your body absorbs. some people have a high rate of metabolism and never seem to get fat but the majority end up storing the excess calories as fat.

17Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:42 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:If you all weren't lazy twats and worked hard like me you wouldn't need to diet. Very Happy 

What is it you work hard at Scott?

A builders thug Very Happy 

18Diet Empty Re: Diet Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I used to do a lot of body building in my early 20's and I have been very strict with my diet since the early 90's. My golden rule is to eat a low fat healthy diet from Monday to Friday, with minimal alcohol, If you can manage it. Then on a Saturday and Sunday, you can eat and drink what you like. (big macs, fried breakfast, etc)

Today for lunch, I had a tin on tuna, with brown rice, it was a bit dry, but it kept me full up all afternoon.

I don't like chocolate, as I don't have a sweet tooth, my only weakness, is I love crisps and a drink(booze).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum