Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did you used to collect football stickers?

+6
Culcheth_White
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Michael Bolton
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't know why but this morning I remembered how exciting it was collecting football stickers. Buying a packet and looking to see if you had any badges or players you needed.

I remember once my mate nicked £20 from his Mum's purse (back in the late 80s) and he bought £20 worth of stickers. He basically had a whole box of them and the tight git never let me even open a single packet.

I remember I needed one last player to complete my album and swapped 30 stickers for it. 

Did you used to buy football stickers?

Yes I did. One of the greatest regrets of my life was not getting the Geoff Thomas sticker to complete my sticker album in 1991.

My favourite sticker album were the ones for the 1990 world cup and 1992 Euro championships, because of the shiney mascot stickers.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I went through a phase of collecting them in the season we first got promoted to the prem in 1997/98, I never did fill the book but wasn't far off.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm beginning to think MB is Natasha. Don't ask why

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Did you used to collect football stickers? 11ahbfm

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:I'm beginning to think MB is Natasha. Don't ask why

What a bloody stupid thing to say.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mike
You need to up your game lad, I'm seriously thinking about boggers comment!!

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Soul kitchen - what in hell do you mean?

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I completely filled the 1981 Panini sticker album. I used to get 50p pocket money a week, back in 1981, I remember that because every Saturday morning, I would ride down to the local newsagents, on my Raleigh Chopper and buy 10 packets of the stickers.

Great childhood memories!
Did you used to collect football stickers? 2j12bdf

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a full book from 1975 with all the players. The only Wanderer in the book was John Ritson. I can't remember what it was called, it might have been Score? It had Jack of United and Jimmy of City in it. Prior to that the only footy magazine I can remember was Shoot.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I used to when I was between the ages of 7 and 11. Best thing was my dad, at the time, had a 2nd job at a petrol station and was allowed to bring home up to 3 packets of stickers. Never filled the sticker books though - I am sure Panini never sold the full set of sticker and had to order certain ones through them!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I loved collecting them...even better when you got the album free out if one if the Sunday papers

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

nah.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

nah.

At last, a man who talks sense.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:Soul kitchen - what in hell do you mean?
You need to stop coming out with all this chelski bullshit for starters, that's the sort of crap I'd expect from our Marketing queen, hence the link!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum