Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stuart Holden wants to leave Bolton Wanderers!

+7
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

James Joyce wrote, "in the particular is contained the universal."

It doesn't matter what example you use, I asked in my very first post if anyone can name a player in the history of our club who wouldn't want to play in the Champions League, and neither you or anybody else took me up on it. It's because you can't name one. And this is because it's a perfectly reasonable ambition for a PL player to have.

Even though McGinlay had his own night club and later got a tattoo, if Man U had come in for him, he'd have been off.

Americans are more straightforward than Brits, Natasha. Someone has asked Holden what he would like to achieve in the future and he's answered them.

If you ever speak to or come across Houston Dynamo fans he is worshipped by them. I am sure he made no secret of his desire to move to the PL with them before he left.

He's said nothing wrong in this interview.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:James Joyce wrote, "in the particular is contained the universal."

It doesn't matter what example you use, I asked in my very first post if anyone can name a player in the history of our club who wouldn't want to play in the Champions League, and neither you or anybody else took me up on it.

It's obvious that every footballer would want to play in the CL, I am not denying that.

But the clever footballers keep it to themselves. It's insulting to the fans to say you look forward to playing elsewhere.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Read again, fatboy, he didnt mention any other club but its his ambition to play in the Champions League. Just like it was John McGinlays ambition to play in teh Premiership. Thats all it is is an ambition whetehr it will happen or not is actually down to Holden when he is fully fit as the only way is for him to get noticed as a good player than be bought by a club.

You must be a bit of a pillock if you think he's talking about Bolton when he mentions the CL.

I am under no illusion whatsoever, fatboy. I know at this time Bolton are not CL contenders, maybe in the future with the right management team and players, but its an ambition to reach. I cannot give a timeframe as it could be 5 years time, 10 years time or even 20, or maybe even never but its an ambition to reach for.

Venky's ambittion is to destroy Rovers from the inside and it seems they are doing a great job:D

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

It's obvious that every footballer would want to play in the CL, I am not denying that.

But the clever footballers keep it to themselves. It's insulting to the fans to say you look forward to playing elsewhere.

This is where your argument falls down. You want people to lie to make you feel better.

It's not the 1st of December, Natasha, you're not 5 years old, so don't tell me you want mummy and daddy to insist that Santa is real just to make you feel better.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

she wants that, unless it's Coyle, he has to tell the truth at all times.

Or maybe she's just taken this stance to get a rise out of people, oh, it's worked!

Cool

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:This is where your argument falls down. You want people to lie to make you feel better.

I guess you're right. I'm a Bolton fan, I would consider it a privilege to play for the team I love. I want to believe that every Bolton player feels the same. They bloody well should feel the same!

Bolton shouldn't be a stepping stone, it should be the pinnacle of a career.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum