Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Stand renamed as...

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1North Stand renamed as... Empty North Stand renamed as... Thu Jul 25 2013, 16:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

...Bartercard UK North Stand.

Might just be me but bartering is all about when you've not got the money to buy things you want, when you want them - to have a whole stand named after a battering company smacks of Bolton's desperation for cash.

Wonder if Quick Quids half million sponsorship money we gave back to them is hurting the club right now?

Bolton Wanderers has unveiled an innovative new sponsorship deal, announcing the UK’s largest business-to-business trade exchange, Bartercard, as the official sponsor of the club’s family stand.

As part of the sponsorship deal, the renamed Bartercard UK North Stand has been fully revamped, with the stairwell and concourse areas adorned with fans’ quotes and photographs illustrating their favourite Wanderers’ memories.

In a novel twist, the new stand signage will be installed by a Bartercard member, while the Championship club will receive Bartercard “trade pounds”. These trade pounds will be used within the Bartercard Exchange to allow the club to cover the cost of its day-to-day business expenses, such as accommodation, marketing training and promotional merchandise.

Bartercard will also be the official match sponsor when the Wanderers’ first home game kicks off on 10 August, against Reading.

“Bolton Wanderers are proud to receive loyal match-day support from entire families and delighted to announce Bartercard as the official sponsor of our revamped family stand,” says Bolton Wanderers Head of Corporate Relations Adrian Blackburn

“We’re proud to be associated with a company that has an excellent track record of enabling small businesses to succeed and look forward to the season ahead.”

Simon Barker, Bartercard UK CEO, says: “Everyone at Bartercard would like to wish Bolton Wanderers well for the season ahead and hope that the revamped Bartercard UK North Stand can build on the club’s tradition of providing excellent match-day entertainment for the entire family.”

Bartercard’s unique product is an alternative source of business finance aimed primarily at small and medium sized enterprises, which make a significant contribution to the UK economy but increasingly struggle to secure funding via banks.

Bartercard transactions earn the seller credit to spend with any other trade exchange member, while the buyer owes goods or services of the same value to the exchange. There are currently 35,000 Bartercard members across seven countries.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2North Stand renamed as... Empty Re: North Stand renamed as... Thu Jul 25 2013, 16:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

:facepalm: - Oh dear, the partnership I don't mind but to name a whole stand after a business we have only just got together with plus I imagine not many people have heard of them just isn't good IMO.

I mean other teams have stands name after icons of the football club not this kind of thing.

I maybe overreacting but I don't like this.

3North Stand renamed as... Empty Re: North Stand renamed as... Thu Jul 25 2013, 16:34

I've got no issue with it, we need to make up our loss of earnings as best we can, so sounds like a smart bit of business to me.

Well done to the board for being proactive and continuing to look for new revenue streams, they're doing their jobs as far as Im concerned. Does anyone really care what the stands called? Plus the photographs and quotes are a nice touch.

4North Stand renamed as... Empty Re: North Stand renamed as... Thu Jul 25 2013, 17:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In terms of the accounts, I'd have thought the proceeds of this pale into insignificance.
They can only realistically get a pittance for the naming of a stand that holds 5,000 people. What was the QuickQuid deal worth that they were initially prepared to sell the club's soul for? £500k over two years?
I've no problem with the deal itself, but it'll be neither here nor there at the end of the day. They could have a sponsor for every stand, every corner flag, every floodlight, the scoreboard and not even collectively would it make a material difference.

5North Stand renamed as... Empty Re: North Stand renamed as... Thu Jul 25 2013, 17:22

doffcocker wrote:In terms of the accounts, I'd have thought the proceeds of this pale into insignificance.  
They can only realistically get a pittance for the naming of a stand that holds 5,000 people. What was the QuickQuid deal worth that they were initially prepared to sell the club's soul for? £500k over two years?
I've no problem with the deal itself, but it'll be neither here nor there at the end of the day. They could have a sponsor for every stand, every corner flag, every floodlight, the scoreboard and not even collectively would it make a material difference.

All true, but money is money and with such a huge drop in the TV revenue I think the club should pursue as much of these as possible so long as it doesn't compromise the club's image ie QuickQuid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum