Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The support

+5
Tigermin
rammywhite
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The support Empty The support Sun Aug 11 2013, 17:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's been a lot of comments and some friction across social networking sites about yesterday's attendance (15,550). 

I can't help looking down on these toerags, but I'm interested nonetheless as to how well we think we'll be backed this season in terms of numbers in the crowd. 

Surely there was always a chance we'd lose some fans this year. It happens to every relegated club as the big fish in a small pond effect disappears gradually. That said, there can't have been 500 Reading fans there yesterday. Was it that different to last season?

2The support Empty Re: The support Sun Aug 11 2013, 18:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All clubs have a hardcore that will turn up even if prices are doubled and the seats face away from the pitch.

But most people still go to be entertained. We haven't been entertained for fucking years thanks to a succession of shit managers and even shitter players. There is only so long people can put up with negative tactics and strikers that can't hit the back of the net from 2 yards.

Some people will have been looking forward to the new season, but having watched the utter shite at Burnley last week, decided to give the Reading game a miss. Wise choice.

3The support Empty Re: The support Sun Aug 11 2013, 20:09

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unless we are consistently near the top of the table then 15k will be about it. The season has also started at a time when a lot of people are on their holidays, personally I think its too early to start at the beginning of August.

4The support Empty Re: The support Sun Aug 11 2013, 20:34

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

NickFazer wrote:Unless we are consistently near the top of the table then 15k will be about it. The season has also started at a time when a lot of people are on their holidays, personally I think its too early to start at the beginning of August.
 Absolutely correct Nick. I missed the game yesterday as I'm in France on holiday- it'll be the only game I miss this season.
It simply starts too soon - hey should wait until the end of August and play a few more Tuesday night games

5The support Empty Re: The support Sun Aug 11 2013, 20:57

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm with you on the night games, I always think you get a better atmosphere especially if its a good match.

6The support Empty Re: The support Sun Aug 11 2013, 21:09

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Know 4 people who sit within a small space near me all on holiday,multiply that around the ground and hey presto,the attendance yesterday reflects it ! Sayimg that I think the hard core attendance is 16,500 - 17,000 unless we are doing well,not great but thats BWFC folks

7The support Empty Re: The support Sun Aug 11 2013, 22:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's bloody rubbish starting the season this early, which does have an effect on attendances.

How much does Bolton charge for 'walk ons' around the ground?

8The support Empty Re: The support Mon Aug 12 2013, 00:13

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:

Why don't you just look on the official site you Burnley bar steward?

9The support Empty Re: The support Mon Aug 12 2013, 00:15

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:

Why don't you just look on the official site you Burnley bar steward?

I used to have a teacher at school who would say 'come on talk to me class' when he asked a question.

I think that he was a woofter you know.

10The support Empty Re: The support Mon Aug 12 2013, 00:23

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was there yesterday but it felt way too early for my Body Football Clock to click into gear.

Still need some more chill time for the strenuous times ahead .

CD. Dont know how much it costs for walk ons but I'd have thought no cheaper/dearer than normal.

Unless you're lucky and somebody is selling a spare , cheaper.

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Mon Aug 12 2013, 00:35; edited 1 time in total

11The support Empty Re: The support Mon Aug 12 2013, 00:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The club don't make it easy for people that just want to turn up and pay on the day, which means they miss out on a potentially big source of custom in impulse buyers. I'm sure there's lots of people on Friday nights that toy with the idea of going to the match the next day, but the rigmarole involved sways them against it in the end. The website is rubbish. It's often out of use and the need for registration, logging in, logging out etc is tedious. Then there's the queues at the ticket office the next day to collect tickets. The print at home facility could be good if it didn't use half a cartridge unnecessarily.

So the club doesn't help itself in terms of maximizing gate receipts.

12The support Empty Re: The support Mon Aug 12 2013, 00:58

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Another drawback for me regarding attendance is it's location, great Stadium but it's not in Central Bolton and I'm sure it puts a lot of people  off from going.

13The support Empty Re: The support Mon Aug 12 2013, 01:09

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's the same at Burnley Doffcocker.

We have Gold, Silver and Bronze categories for games.

I think that the game against Bolton was in the silver category which meant an average price of about £27.

It was on tele at the height of the holiday season and we'd just sold Austin.

Them prices don't make for a good gate but the TV money helps with the ticket shortfall.

We've made a boo boo with the arrangements for the League Cup game against Preston and it's putting a lot of folk off.

14The support Empty Re: The support Mon Aug 12 2013, 20:59

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't understand the mentality behind ticket prices generally, for away supporters there should be a fixed price for all Football League clubs one for adults and one for concessions say £20.00 and £12.00. If you don't feel that you having the piss taken [Leeds for example] then you are more likely to buy a pint and a pie etc and there is some atmosphere in the stadium and probably more money overall. For all the money they spend on marketing etc they don't seem to have worked out a formula for getting the most home supporters in which is unbelievable but that isn't just Bolton it's across the board.

I agree 100% with doffcocker about the casual fan being put off by queues and the e-ticketing.

15The support Empty Re: The support Tue Aug 13 2013, 09:07

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I can agree whole heartedly with the complaints about ticket pricing. Can't say I've had any problem buying tickets either online or visiting the ticket office. I have to admit that being a season ticket holder I only use the facility for away games and the odd home cup match. I have to say the new breed of fans are getting soft. Remember the good old days at Burnden paying cash at the turnstiles while the queues stretched across the car park to Manchester road in the rain. Almost every fan having to wait for change on paying entrance. Todays' fans don't know they're born

16The support Empty Re: The support Tue Aug 13 2013, 13:31

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Doffcocker, Attendance is down 4,000 over last season's first 2 league games. We play 2 of the same teams we played in our first 3 league games last season, so a comparison would be valid. Opening day attendances are always high in all sports, so seeing almost 6000 less fans for the game at Burnley has to be a cause for concern.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum