Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Algarve?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Algarve? Empty The Algarve? Wed Aug 14 2013, 19:15

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We have decided on a family holiday to the Algarve next summer and I want to book our flights and accommodation asap. 

I don't like very built up areas, so I have ruled out Albufeira & Vilamoura. Can anybody recommend any really nice resorts in the Algarve?

We just like a nice beach, quality restaurants and some nice bars to visit.

Cheers! cheers

2The Algarve? Empty Re: The Algarve? Wed Aug 14 2013, 22:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We went to Albufeira a couple years back. Stunning in parts.

3The Algarve? Empty Re: The Algarve? Wed Aug 14 2013, 22:21

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Culcheth_White wrote:We have decided on a family holiday to the Algarve next summer and I want to book our flights and accommodation asap. 

I don't like very built up areas, so I have ruled out Albufeira & Vilamoura. Can anybody recommend any really nice resorts in the Algarve?

Cheers! cheers
Great choice but not cheap.Lived there for 20 odd years but in a more rural Portuguese enviroment,small village etc etc. East Algarve is still reasonable,Tavira,Monte Gordo but West Algarve also has good options but near any beach you have the built up problem. Look for small villages north of the Via Do Infante that will have great self catering villas available and generally only 10-15 mins from any beach,the restaurants are better,local and cheaper.Could give you contact details etc etc if required but only for areas 10-20 mins from Faro and a little in land,which is where I lived.Depends on age and size of your family and what your normal holiday entails to make it a success ?? Hope this helps !

4The Algarve? Empty Re: The Algarve? Wed Aug 14 2013, 22:26

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I love Portugal!

5The Algarve? Empty Re: The Algarve? Thu Aug 15 2013, 19:44

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tigermin wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:We have decided on a family holiday to the Algarve next summer and I want to book our flights and accommodation asap. 

Cheers! cheers
Great choice but not cheap.Lived there for 20 odd years but in a more rural Portuguese enviroment,small village etc etc. East Algarve is still reasonable,Tavira,Monte Gordo but West Algarve also has good options but near any beach you have the built up problem. Look for small villages north of the Via Do Infante that will have great self catering villas available and generally only 10-15 mins from any beach,the restaurants are better,local and cheaper.Could give you contact details etc etc if required but only for areas 10-20 mins from Faro and a little in land,which is where I lived.Depends on age and size of your family and what your normal holiday entails to make it a success ?? Hope this helps !
Hi Tigermin, I don't mind if the Algarve is pricey. We have been going on holiday to Marbella for the last 10 years or so and as a family of 4, we can easily pay 100 euro's for a meal out.

Next summer, my 2 kids will be aged 16 and 13 and they get bored very easily! I have done a little homework recently and I thought about Lagos or possibly Praia Da Luz or Quinta Do Lago?

Any help, would be much appreciated! cheers

6The Algarve? Empty Re: The Algarve? Thu Aug 15 2013, 22:42

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I stopped on the strip in Sao Joao or whatever it's called. Plenty going on for my two girls, but that was about twelve fifteen years ago. Went in February a few years later and my youngest swam in the Atlantic. I'm sure your kids will enjoy it but I don't think you'd go but for them if you know what I mean.
It can be really buzzing on there. When Portugal hosted the Euros there was one or two dickheads went to excesses in that area.
I quite like Vilamoura but it can be top whack there.
No need to remind you, Benidorm is better than nowt!!Very Happy

7The Algarve? Empty Re: The Algarve? Thu Aug 15 2013, 23:40

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Culcheth_White wrote:
Tigermin wrote:

Cheers! cheers
Hi Tigermin, I don't mind if the Algarve is pricey. We have been going on holiday to Marbella for the last 10 years or so and as a family of 4, we can easily pay 100 euro's for a meal out.

Next summer, my 2 kids will be aged 16 and 13 and they get bored very easily! I have done a little homework recently and I thought about Lagos or possibly Praia Da Luz or Quinta Do Lago?

Any help, would be much appreciated! cheers
Praia Da Luz good choice considering your kids ages,Quinta Do Lago is where I spent most of my time ,golf etc etc its where all the stars go !!! Great Beaches nearby and the nightlife for celeb spotting in the summer might suit them down to the ground but its really expensive accommodation wise ? If you can get somewhere reasonable you and the kids will have a great time. Vale do Lobo Praca for food,beach and night life is 5 mins from Quinta and a really good bet,can give you info on all restaurants , bars etc for you as a family and for the kids at night,it is a young kids paradise !!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum