Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crap managers that always get a job.

+7
Natasha Whittam
kennster
waynagain
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Crap managers that always get a job. Empty Crap managers that always get a job. Thu Aug 15 2013, 14:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can I go first, oh cheers.

Owen Coyle.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Harry redknapp

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Gordon Strachan.....Steve Bruce.....Mark Hughes

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Michael Appleton

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

McClaren, Hodgson and Darren Ferguson

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hodgson is a very good manager.

Ian Holloway, Neil Warnock, Sven, Chris Coleman

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:
I'll give you the last 3, but Holloway has done well to be fair to him, and he's never had big money.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

kennster wrote:Hodgson is a very good manager.

Holloway has had a LOT more sucess than Freedman, so why isn't Freedman on your list?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hardly fair to compare someone who's been managing since 96 (wikipedia) with someone who has been a manager for like 4 years, if that.

Sir Alex. Jose mourinho. Utterly shite

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

waynagain wrote:

Holloway has had a LOT more sucess than Freedman, so why isn't Freedman on your list?
 But Holloway has only been really successful at Blackpool, anywhere else he's been mediocre.

Dougie re-built Palace after administration into a good side, when you look at the work Dougie has done you have to consider what sort of position Palace where in.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Paul Ince.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

kennster wrote:
waynagain wrote:

But Holloway has only been really successful at Blackpool, anywhere else he's been mediocre.

Dougie re-built Palace after administration into a good side, when you look at the work Dougie has done you have to consider what sort of position Palace where in.
Then you should put Rioch into your list, because he was only successful at Bolton.

I'd agree with Kennster about Holloway, overrated by a lot of people just because he's a clown in the media. Landed on his feet with the Palace team, taking over a side ready for promotion (thanks to Dougie). He nearly fucked that up too, Palace fans were slating him before they scraped through the play offs, can't say I think much of his signings this summer.

Did a decent enough job at Blackpool without a huge amount of money, but he that's the one major achievement of his career, and he couldn't keep them up.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a thread about crap managers who keep getting jobs, not average managers who keep getting jobs.

Holloway started at Bristol Rovers in the relegation zone and kept them up. He then lead them to 7th and a 5th place play-off place. All after having to sell half the first team and having no cash or even a ground to call their own. Can't really call that crap can you.

He went to QPR, who were in the bottom 3 at the time, but couldn't keep them up. Two seasons later he got them promoted back to the Championship, then steadied the ship and kept them mid-table in that division.

He then went to Plymouth and kept them in the Championship for two seasons (no mean feat) before attracting the interests of Leicester. Incidentally it should be noted that Plymouth have been a disaster since he left.

Leicester, even by his own admission, was a disaster.

No one can say he didn't do a good job at Blackpool. Took them from Championship fodder to the Premier League. And while he couldn't keep them up, they did play some good attacking football and plenty of good managers have been relegated from the PL.

Not a great manager, but on limited budgets he's got the best out of average players while managing to play entertaining football.

Natasha Whittam wrote:This is a thread about crap managers who keep getting jobs, not average managers who keep getting jobs.

Holloway started at Bristol Rovers in the relegation zone and kept them up. He then lead them to 7th and a 5th place play-off place. All after having to sell half the first team and having no cash or even a ground to call their own. Can't really call that crap can you.

He went to QPR, who were in the bottom 3 at the time, but couldn't keep them up. Two seasons later he got them promoted back to the Championship, then steadied the ship and kept them mid-table in that division.

He then went to Plymouth and kept them in the Championship for two seasons (no mean feat) before attracting the interests of Leicester. Incidentally it should be noted that Plymouth have been a disaster since he left.

Leicester, even by his own admission, was a disaster.

No one can say he didn't do a good job at Blackpool. Took them from Championship fodder to the Premier League. And while he couldn't keep them up, they did play some good attacking football and plenty of good managers have been relegated from the PL.

Not a great manager, but on limited budgets he's got the best out of average players while managing to play entertaining football.
I wasn't saying he's crap just overrated, average at best really. I'll give you Bristol Rovers as a good job, but the rest of what you've said just supports what I'm saying.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
I wasn't saying he's crap just overrated, average at best really. I'll give you Bristol Rovers as a good job, but the rest of what you've said just supports what I'm saying.
He's better than average. He did great things keeping Plymouth in the Championship for two seasons, ditto getting Blackpool into the PL.

And while Freedman built the CP team, it's not easy to step into a new team and keep things going to gain promotion.

I think you should give me this one.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Phil Brown
Nigel Worthington
Brian Laws
Aidy Boothroyd
Chris Coleman

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I don't Brian Laws should be put into the bracket just for what he did at Scunthorpe alone, laid the foundations for Nigel Adkins to be successful there.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I despair with Bolton fans and their short memories. Three years ago, the first name on this thread would have been Gary Megson. Nearly a day on, somebody's yet to mention the ginger toerag.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum