Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Michael Ricketts

+2
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Michael Ricketts Empty Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 16:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What ever happened to him? When he was with us he was looking like a world beater, I used to love him.

Does he still play professionally, if so, who for? I remember reading that he'd been charged with assault on his girlfriend. Do you think the decision to leave us for Middlesbrough still haunts him to this day?

2Michael Ricketts Empty Re: Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 17:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For about two seasons he was magnificent. Virtually everything he touched ended up in the back of the net. Fat Sam often had him as sub in the Championship, it was always brilliant knowing we had Ricketts to come on and score if need be.

I have no doubt his "big boy" move to Boro plays on his mind every day of his life.

3Michael Ricketts Empty Re: Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 17:28

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Never the same for us after his England cameo. No doubt he got some earache off other players and this made him raise his profile between his own ears!

4Michael Ricketts Empty Re: Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 17:45

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

'Jay Jay' - so good they named him twice.

'Ricketts' - so bad they named a disease after him.

5Michael Ricketts Empty Re: Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 19:00

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:For about two seasons he was magnificent. Virtually everything he touched ended up in the back of the net. Fat Sam often had him as sub in the Championship, it was always brilliant knowing we had Ricketts to come on and score if need be.

I have no doubt his "big boy" move to Boro plays on his mind every day of his life.
 Being from the north east, I used to tell people he was fantastic when he signed for boro and no one believed me. But he really was fantastic in those two years with us. 

I don't think I have ever known a footballer fall so quickly and far from grace as Ricketts. He played for England and within about 4 years couldn't even get a game for anyone. I hope he regrets how he acted at bolton.

6Michael Ricketts Empty Re: Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 19:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Turns out Ricketts is now retired aged 34. He played for 12 different clubs in a 14 year career and was only any good with us. 

What a waste.

7Michael Ricketts Empty Re: Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 19:33

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Think I read he started slapping his woman about and also had a few run ins with the dibble

8Michael Ricketts Empty Re: Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 19:47

A good friend of mine played with him a few years before his retirement, he said he clearly didn't give a shit at that point, overweight and lazy. His premier league stint made him all of his money and to be fair if you don't love the game (unsurprisingly there are footballers who don't) that's the main motivation out of the window. Obviously I don't know for certain about Ricketts, but the way he disappeared shows something wasn't right.

9Michael Ricketts Empty Re: Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 19:50

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I heard a story that he crashed his Ferrari on the M62 and Ricketts flew out of the window. But luckily he was so fat he bounced a couple of times and landed on his feet.

10Michael Ricketts Empty Re: Michael Ricketts Thu Aug 15 2013, 20:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote: But luckily he was so fat he bounced a couple of times and landed on his feet.
Big boned, please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum