Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

9/11

+2
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

19/11 Empty 9/11 Wed Sep 11 2013, 14:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

9/11 12311410

Can't believe how quick the time has gone since it happened, I remember it even though it was yesterday.

R.I.P to all those who lost their lives that day.

29/11 Empty Re: 9/11 Wed Sep 11 2013, 14:35

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, it was a terrible day, I can't believe it is 12 years ago either. I was also really surprised how few programmes there were on tv today about it.

39/11 Empty Re: 9/11 Wed Sep 11 2013, 21:28

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've been confused with these 9/11 threads all day. I kept trying to think what happened on the 9th of November.

It turns out that everyone is putting the date back to front like the Yanks do, and what they've meant all along is 11th of September.

A tragic event nonetheless.

49/11 Empty Re: 9/11 Wed Sep 11 2013, 21:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Words can't describe what a dreadful day it was.

I'm also surprised how few programmes are on about it because you just can't top it in terms of TV. It's like the most disturbing Hollywood disaster movie ever, except it's real.

But I don't think any programme can do the magnitude of it justice. For a start, the towers don't look near as big on the TV as they were in reality.

Not many people will see a commercial airline crash in front of their eyes, let alone two, into some of the world's biggest buildings, filled with innocent people, in the middle of the busiest city in the world. I always try to imagine how I'd feel, walking down the street, then watching that unfold in front of my very eyes. And I can't.

59/11 Empty Re: 9/11 Wed Sep 11 2013, 22:14

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It was a classic where were you  when it was all unfolding ???? I was taking my son to his Girlfriends house in Vale do Lobo and we heard it on the radio,we got to her house just as the second plane hit,incredulous scenes and bewilderment as to what was unfolding,will never forget and neither should we.

69/11 Empty Re: 9/11 Wed Sep 11 2013, 22:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:It was a classic where were you  when it was all unfolding ???? I was taking my son to his Girlfriends house in Vale do Lobo and we heard it on the radio,we got to her house just as the second plane hit,incredulous scenes and bewilderment as to what was unfolding,will never forget and neither should we.
9/11 was the wake up call for America. Prior to the tragic event, boarding an internal flight was just like getting on a bus. Over 3,000 people lost their lives that day when all they were doing was going about their business as normal. RIP.

Footnote for Tigermin.

Vale De Lobo? The Portuguese Riviera. Rented a Villa there once and had a cracking holiday. It's a great place if you like your golf.

Visited Ayrton Senna Boulevard and saw all the multi millionaires houses. Bernhard Langer, Nick Price, Retief Goosen and Nigel Mansell all had a crib there.

79/11 Empty Re: 9/11 Wed Sep 11 2013, 22:58

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Tigermin wrote:It was a classic where were you  when it was all unfolding ???? I was taking my son to his Girlfriends house in Vale do Lobo and we heard it on the radio,we got to her house just as the second plane hit,incredulous scenes and bewilderment as to what was unfolding,will never forget and neither should we.
9/11 was the wake up call for America. Prior to the tragic event, boarding an internal flight was just like getting on a bus. Over 3,000 people lost their lives that day when all they were doing was going about their business as normal. RIP.

Footnote for Tigermin.

Vale De Lobo? The Portuguese Riviera. Rented a Villa there once and had a cracking holiday. It's a great place if you like your golf.

Visited Ayrton Senna Boulevard and saw all the multi millionaires houses. Bernhard Langer, Nick Price, Retief Goosen  and Nigel Mansell all had a crib there.

Your right lad,lived there for 20 odd years,great place,played golf with Shearer Speedo and a lot more.Happy days.

89/11 Empty Re: 9/11 Wed Sep 11 2013, 23:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only had a fortnight there but I bumped into a few 'celebs'. On the plane going out I was sat behind Robbie Fowler and his family and a bit further up the plane was the snooker player Stephen Lee.

Went for a meal one night and sat in the restaurant was Nicky Butt and his family. I also bumped into John Barnes as well.

I love the place but since IDS has tightened up on the welfare state, my meagre giro no longer has the pulling power that it once had.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum