Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hitler.

+2
scottjames30
Angry Dad
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hitler. Empty Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 07:18

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Been been watching a lot of stuff on him the last few months and I'm finding it very interesting things like when he was young he was a struggling artist Living a bohemian lifestyle. I find incredible how this man got to where he did and the power he had over people,I'm not a fan mind just find him an interesting subject I will always watch program's if they are on but wouldn't buy books though.

2Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 07:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crazy how he got so much power, he was Austrian and his grandfather was rumoured to be Jewish .

3Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 07:42

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Read a book on the fall of Berlin, and Hitler as you'd expect, interesting stuff. Followed it with the liberation of Belsen, this comparison showed the Two sides of Hitler, what he and his followers could do.
He had little man's disease in my opinion and was a great orator, which, again my opinion was why he got where he was.
What always amuses me was this Aryan race thing, on which he falls down badly.
AD think you've got this on the wrong board but I'll put a football slant on it for you. I wonder if the little shit would turn over in his grave if he saw the kraut football team now? I think so!!!

4Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 09:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just an aside. My dad was one of the first British soldiers into Belsen, when they liberated it. He wouldn't talk about it when asked though.

5Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 09:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just an aside, (ii), I've been to Belsen (Bergen-Belsen), and its a very eerie place. Its true what they say, no birds fly over it. Really odd feel to the whole area.

6Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 10:09

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

gloswhite wrote:Just an aside, (ii), I've been to Belsen (Bergen-Belsen), and its a very eerie place. Its true what they say, no birds fly over it. Really odd feel to the whole area.
Wierd.

7Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 10:10

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Wonder if he'd have been a great football manager SK

8Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 10:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Some think he made it out alive and lived to a ripe old age.

9Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 10:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some say he went to Argentina.

10Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 14:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Just an aside, (ii), I've been to Belsen (Bergen-Belsen), and its a very eerie place. Its true what they say, no birds fly over it. Really odd feel to the whole area.
I've been also Glos, and it's as you describe it. We went by car and the locals wouldn't tell you where it was!
Did you know the British commander would liberated the camp allegedly married an inmate according to what I read Glos?
Been to Auschwitz and thats the same. J

11Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 14:11

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Angry Dad wrote:Wonder if he'd have been a great football manager SK
If you miss ze goal it's death by gas or bullet!! Very Happy
Imagine our lazy twats!?!

12Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 14:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ngog wouldn't have made it past his first training session.

13Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Soul Kitchen wrote:
I've been also Glos,  and it's as you describe it.  We went by car and the locals wouldn't tell you where it was!  
Did you know the British commander would liberated the camp allegedly married an inmate according to what I read Glos?
Been to Auschwitz and thats the same. J
Haven't been to Auschwitz, but have been to the Holocaust centre in Washington,and the  Imperial War Museum, and of course we've all seen Schindlers list. Been to Anne Frank's house in Amsterdam, but you need to have read the book to appreciate that one.

14Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's easy to understand the mentality of the Israelis. After the 2nd World War they had lost so many of their own people. 1948 became a new dawn and they vowed never again to become victims.

They are often portrayed as aggressors in the middle east but if you have a look at their neighbours, it's easy to understand why they have adopted a zero tolerance mindset. They don't do appeasement and why should they?

15Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree with the character assessment, but there is a little item of the British government taking a massive chunk of Palestine and giving it to the Jews to form Israel. No negotiation, deals, or anything.

16Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:10

Reebok Trotter wrote:It's easy to understand the mentality of the Israelis. After the 2nd World War they had lost so many of their own people. 1948 became a new dawn and they vowed never again to become victims.

They are often portrayed as aggressors in the middle east but if you have a look at their neighbours, it's easy to understand why they have adopted a zero tolerance mindset. They don't do appeasement and why should they?
Im more inclined to understand the Palestinian mindset, as Glos says their lands were taken for no other reason than they were too weak to fightback (or so we assumed). 

They are the aggressors in the middle east because they continually try and expand land they have no right to, flattening Palestinians along the way, the backing of the US means they can continually break international law and face no consequence, it's little wonder the West is so hated.

17Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

74, as much as I dislike the rag-heads, I agree with your comments

18Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Palestine will always fight for their own independence and autonomy. I fully accept that they got shafted in 1948 and what happened back then would never happen today. What right had the UN to allocate land to Israel based on the atrocities carried out by Hitler?

The Palestinians will never rest until they reclaim the land that they believe is rightfully theirs so where does it all end? The Arabs have vowed never to rest until they have driven the Jews into the Mediterranean Sea and the Jews have vowed never again to be victims.

As Jimmy Greaves would say, " It's a funny old game."

19Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True,  I have no doubt that in the decades to come, the situation won't have change much in the Middle East, with yet another war going on, just moving from one place to another.

20Hitler. Empty Re: Hitler. Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:34

gloswhite wrote:74, as much as I dislike the rag-heads
Mind if I ask why you don't like 'the rag-heads'? And who you mean when you say that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next