Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moritz - Start with 2 strikers!

+2
Bolton Nuts
aaron_bwfc
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Empty Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Thu Sep 12 2013, 12:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ok he didn't say them exact words but after reading this interview it's clear he wouldn't mind seeing Davies and Beckford up front together against Leeds.

“I like Craig Davies – he’s a big fella and I like players who can hold the ball for us and fight,” Moritz said.

“Craig is a massive guy. He’s a tank. Beckford is such a talented player he makes really clever runs, so as a number 10, I like that.

“Beckford is one of those who can stretch the back four and try to catch them off guard.

“I won’t choose one – I will leave that to the gaffer – but if you could choose both it would be great.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Empty Re: Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Fri Sep 13 2013, 02:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Positive, and what we all want to see I think?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

3Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Empty Re: Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Fri Sep 13 2013, 02:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It makes no sense playing three midfielders and one striker when we have two acceptable midfielders and three, maybe four decent strikers.

I know a lot of people like Pratley nowadays but he's still pretty shit I think.

Medo and Spearing in front of the back four. Eagles on the left, Lee on the right. Ngog and Beckford up top. Please.

4Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Empty Re: Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Fri Sep 13 2013, 07:31

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

doffcocker wrote:It makes no sense playing three midfielders and one striker when we have two acceptable midfielders and three, maybe four decent strikers.

I know a lot of people like Pratley nowadays but he's still pretty shit I think.

Medo and Spearing in front of the back four. Eagles on the left, Lee on the right. Ngog and Beckford up top. Please.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

5Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Empty Re: Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Fri Sep 13 2013, 08:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Agreed. I'd play Craig Davies instead of Ngog but I'd definitely go 4-4-2 and keep it simple.

Of course it'll be some confusing 4-1-2-1-2 formation that yields no results whatsoever.

6Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Empty Re: Moritz - Start with 2 strikers! Fri Sep 13 2013, 09:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Medo needs to considerably up his workrate IMO. Ream was better defensively and had better distribution in that role and should be played there to increase competition for the place.
Leeds will probably play a diamond so this is a great opportunity to use width if the players can produce the necessary workrate to keep the middle tight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum