Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Cup to be in winter!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1World Cup to be in winter! Empty World Cup to be in winter! Fri Sep 20 2013, 10:30

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The first ever winter Fifa World Cup is now on the cards. Fifa have voted to move the World Cup to winter because it's too hot in Summer in Qatar.

What a mess. How is that gong to mess up the usual football season for a year before and after. Also, it just won't feel the same, will it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24160879

World Cup to be in winter! Doha-012

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2World Cup to be in winter! Empty Re: World Cup to be in winter! Fri Sep 20 2013, 10:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a total cock up if you ask me. Blatter is now claiming that it was the European nations that were pushing for Qatar in the first place.

3World Cup to be in winter! Empty Re: World Cup to be in winter! Fri Sep 20 2013, 11:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I guess this will lead us to start having winter breaks, like some European country's already have.

I think I'm right in saying that some of our clubs have been suggesting we have winter breaks anyway, so I would think if we do go down that road it will become a permanent thing thereafter.

Again I think I'm right in saying that we have been under pressure for some years to reduce the Premier down to 18 clubs (or fewer) and I would think this would happen too rather than extend the season to the beginning of August or into July.

Thus making it even harder for a club like us to stay in the top division - assuming that our lot can even get back there!

4World Cup to be in winter! Empty Re: World Cup to be in winter! Fri Sep 20 2013, 12:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

What a farce of an operation FIFA are, probably one of the most corrupt businesses in the world of sport.

It's not about what part of the year it's held really, IMO it comes down to money at the end of the day and Qatar have fucking shit loads of it, so they can have the world cup whenever they like as long as it's lining Mr Sepp Blatars pockets.

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Fri Sep 20 2013, 12:31; edited 1 time in total

5World Cup to be in winter! Empty Re: World Cup to be in winter! Fri Sep 20 2013, 12:29

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

FIFA are the most corrupt organisation in the world. How is it going to work when football seasons in Europe and South America and in Asia play August/September until May? How will this impact on the Champions League.
For people in the Northern Hemisphere, the summer world cups are magical, this is just going to be shit. 
And all of this just because FIFA took bribes from Qatar and now the football world has to bend over backwards to fit this in.
FIFA are cunts, it would be awesome if all FAs just decided to quit FIFA and start a new world governing body. FIFA aren't needed.

6World Cup to be in winter! Empty Re: World Cup to be in winter! Fri Sep 20 2013, 12:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:
FIFA are cunts, it would be awesome if all FAs just decided to quit FIFA and start a new world governing body. FIFA aren't needed.
:agree: 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum