Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Di Canio sacked - Poyet now in talks with Sunderland...

+11
rammywhite
karlypants
observer
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not a great surprise, they started the season off very poorly, but I really had high hopes for him. I think Sunderland have done the right thing to act quickly.
But I think where it went wrong for Di Canio was he made his players train extremely hard - he made them train morning and afternoon and it seems to me like the players weren't happy with how strict and demanding he was and simply didn't want to play for him.
I think he would be a good choice for Bolton though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

thats his way, he divides people. I'd be surprised if he ever "makes it" at a big club.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Di Canio had a good 21 months at Swindon and for that thought he was some kind of managerial genius.
I'm glad he's been to Sunderland, done shite, and been knocked down to earth a bit.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He needs to change his managerial style if he is to succeed. I think he can succeed personally. But like I say, one thing all the Swindon players and Sunderland players have said is that he is a taskmaster, he is too hard on his players, he works them like slaves and footballers of this day and age won't have it. If they don't like their manager they just won't play for him. You could tell by their performances so far this season that the players didn't want to play for him.
Owen Coyle was the other end of the scale, he treat his players like his pals and played table tennis with them. 
It is a tricky part of the job in being respected but liked.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fooking hilarious, when Di Canio subbed his keeper at Swindon. 

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His little performance after the game with the remaining Sunderland fans backfired. He is clearly passionate but does that necessarily make you a good manager?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Di Canio for bolton? Razz 

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Di Canio sacked - Poyet now in talks with Sunderland... BUzAaXoCEAI8-Om

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Freedman to Sunderland?

11Di Canio sacked - Poyet now in talks with Sunderland... Empty As predicted, Di Canio is available Mon Sep 23 2013, 00:12

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The 45-year-old Italian has won three of his 13 matches since being appointed in March and taken only one point from five league games this campaign.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:The 45-year-old Italian has won three of his 13 matches since being appointed in March and taken only one point from five league games this campaign.
No thanks, we don't need someone like him lol

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:Di Canio for bolton? Razz 
Not in a million years. We have enough problems as it is without importing any more

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to the press it was player power that got him the push. They had a meeting and said they had lost faith in him.

Love him or hate him but he only had 13 games at Sunderland and they were struggling when he took over. Di Matteo is tipped as the next manager but I reckon it's a poisoned chalice with the Mackems. Martin O'Neill, Steve Bruce and Roy Keane all struggled there.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's modern football for you. A manager comes in and actually asks the players to work hard in training and give 100% on the pitch and he gets the boot. A little bit of real football died yesterday.

The game is now run by overpaid ponces who want to do the bare minimum to collect their cash. Instead of abusing the manager the Sunderland fans should be abusing the players.

Di Canio will do alright somewhere else where the players actually want to learn from him and be better players. Not Bolton though, our ponces are no different than the Sunderland ponces - lazy overpaid wankers with below average football skills.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If it's the players who got him sacked then it's fucking madness, he brought in something like 13 new players over the summer, so surely they knew his training methods and knew about Di Canio as a manager before they signed.

I quite liked his straight forward press conference after the West Brom game saying his players haven't gelled yet, which is to be expected as most of them haven't played together before.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:That's modern football for you. A manager comes in and actually asks the players to work hard in training and give 100% on the pitch and he gets the boot. A little bit of real football died yesterday.

The game is now run by overpaid ponces who want to do the bare minimum to collect their cash. Instead of abusing the manager the Sunderland fans should be abusing the players.

Di Canio will do alright somewhere else where the players actually want to learn from him and be better players. Not Bolton though, our ponces are no different than the Sunderland ponces - lazy overpaid wankers with below average football skills.
I couldn't put it better myself.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You really have to wonder what went through the Sunderland's chiefs head to appoint a fascist who at his last club attacked one of his own players, hung a young player out to dry and broke into his old office in the middle of the night.

Not exactly flamboyant, more of an effing nutter.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Interesting read about just how severe Di Canio was with his players:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/downfall-dictator-10-reasons-why-di-canio-lost-091729514.html
It may work with league 2 players who are struggling to make a living but to millionaire footballers they simply won't take a manager who is hard on them. Di Canio is right, they are a bunch of pussies.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sky Sports understands Sunderland have begun talks with Gus Poyet over their vacant manager's job.

The former Brighton boss was always considered one of the favourites to replace Paolo di Canio in the Wearside hotseat.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/8940933/sky-sources-gus-poyet-in-talks-with-sunderland-over-managers-job

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum