Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baby Boomers

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Baby Boomers Empty Baby Boomers Wed Sep 25 2013, 10:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Any on here? I'm facinated with the 50's just been reading a big fat book with pictures about being a baby boomer and childhood in the 50's it sounds like a great time to have been a kid,playing on bomb sites and smashing windows with your catapult, the cars , the whole thing sounds great. Womens underwear looks wierd though and the music wouldn't do much for me until the 60,s. I think i'd liked to have lived in a prefab.No pc shit you could play in derelict houses as they didn't bother boarding them up sounds like heaven to me and they could kill murderers fucking great.

2Baby Boomers Empty Re: Baby Boomers Wed Sep 25 2013, 23:45

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Suppose I could be classed as a baby boomer, being that I was born in 1950.

Also AD, we lived in a prefab back then, for about 12yrs, they were ok but a but hard to hide from the rent man or your mates if you wanted a lie in.

There was one advantage though, you could have a good weigh in when they decided to knock yours down.

Great times, along with the 60's taught me a lot about life.

3Baby Boomers Empty Re: Baby Boomers Thu Sep 26 2013, 12:15

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Are you a boomer if you were born in the boom or are the parents boomers?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

4Baby Boomers Empty Re: Baby Boomers Thu Sep 26 2013, 12:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Biggie wrote:Are you a boomer if you were born in the boom or are the parents boomers?
Born.

5Baby Boomers Empty Re: Baby Boomers Thu Sep 26 2013, 22:15

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Thank you for your detailed and insightful response.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

6Baby Boomers Empty Re: Baby Boomers Fri Sep 27 2013, 11:17

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I gave you an answer to your question, if you want the whole works why dont you google it, its all there in detail.

7Baby Boomers Empty Re: Baby Boomers Fri Sep 27 2013, 11:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Childhood in the 50s was an adventure. Houses left their doors open, kids played out all day without parents worrying too much and we could get up to more or less what we liked. Weapons were commonplace but rarely used in anger although I did get stabbed through the hand in a fight aged 9. Brought up in a semi-rural area, most of the time was spent playing footie, building dens and trolleys, fishing, catching and skinning rabbits, climbing trees, snogging girls and fighting with nearby gangs.
In a way I'm sad I wasn't able to give my own kids that degree of freedom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum