Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Search Tool

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Search Tool Empty Search Tool Sun Oct 20 2013, 02:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I sometimes like to look back on old threads for a chuckle. Particularly ones where I destroyed arseholes like Natasha in arguments.
The trouble is, it's harder than it could be to find the thread you're after. I can often recall keywords, just not the thread title which seems to be a necessity.
How about an amendment to the search facility so that if for instance, I don't know the name of a thread I'm after but I know that Natasha called me a "fucking bellend" or Michael Bolton wrote "what's your postcode Doffcocker, you fucking prat" or Hipster Nebula said "haha, yeah right, LOL...dear me", I could just type those things into the search thing and it would bring up the respective thread.

2Search Tool Empty Re: Search Tool Sun Oct 20 2013, 08:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I sometimes like to look back on old threads for a chuckle. Particularly ones where I destroyed arseholes like Natasha in arguments.
So you want a search facility that finds things that don't exist?

3Search Tool Empty Re: Search Tool Mon Oct 21 2013, 17:18

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

If you are searchin for tool then just look at magoo and ugly guy trotted.

4Search Tool Empty Re: Search Tool Mon Oct 21 2013, 17:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:I sometimes like to look back on old threads for a chuckle. Particularly ones where I destroyed arseholes like Natasha in arguments.
The trouble is, it's harder than it could be to find the thread you're after. I can often recall keywords, just not the thread title which seems to be a necessity.
How about an amendment to the search facility so that if for instance, I don't know the name of a thread I'm after but I know that Natasha called me a "fucking bellend" or Michael Bolton wrote "what's your postcode Doffcocker, you fucking prat" or Hipster Nebula said "haha, yeah right, LOL...dear me", I could just type those things into the search thing and it would bring up the respective thread.
As far as I know we are stuck with the search facility that is part of the site that we 'rent' and can't do much about it.

I think (although I might be wrong about this) that part of this sites search facility is via Google and that because we are a 'closed' site (you have to be a member to view) that this makes it even more difficult for searches to be done properly.

I think the answer is we are stuck with what we have - which considering we only pay peanuts for the site - is quite good value for money imo.

Sorry, I know that really doesn't solve your problem though.

5Search Tool Empty Re: Search Tool Mon Oct 21 2013, 18:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This has explained a lot doff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum