Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman hopes fans stick with Bolton Wanderers after full-time boos

+3
kennster
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman has no complaints about the negative reaction from Wanderers fans to Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Ipswich Town.

After watching his side blow a lead for the fourth time in seven home games, the Whites boss was happy to take criticism on the chin.

Wanderers have won just once in 13 attempts in the league this season and now sit just a point above the relegation zone.

And while Freedman insists he can still get the club moving in the right direction he says fans were fully entitled to jeer the team from the pitch after the final whistle.

“The fans pay good money,” he said. “I think they were excellent, got behind the team, and as soon as they needed a little lift they got there.

“I have asked them for their support until the final whistle and they have done that. Yes there were a few boos after the game but unlike a year ago when the boos were coming during the game.

“That’s fantastic – if I am building a team with younger players then that has to happen.

“When fans show frustration at the end of a game you have to accept that as a professional.”

David McGoldrick cancelled out Medo Kamara’s 63rd-minute free kick to leave Wanderers reflecting on another two dropped points, taking the total to 11 from winning positions this season.

It also rather perversely stretched the club’s unbeaten run to five games, leading Freedman to reason that progress will soon be made.

“The standards I’ve got at the moment for myself and my team are that we should be up there. I still think we can,” he said.

“I don’t want to sit here and predict we’ll do this and that – I’ve never really been one for that – but I know that when we get our players fit and not injured I really think we can get up that table.

“I don’t think we are playing badly. We are not a bad team.”

Medo’s goal was his first since March and proved to be one of the few highlights of a difficult afternoon.

“It was a good goal and it was at a stage where we were starting to build momentum,” Freedman said. “The saddest thing for me was that having got it, we didn’t look comfortable.

“It was a well-taken free kick and he’s out there practising all the time, so you get your rewards for that.

“I had been ready to bring Chris Eagles on and he’d asked me if he could take the free kick but he wasn’t coming on for Medo.

“We’d have still gone a goal up.

“You’d just like to think we could hold on to things for a little bit longer.” 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll never stop booing, never. Never ever.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

BOOOO

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

But you could reverse that Nat, !OOOB !OOOOOB

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wonder if the jock knobhead actually believes his own bullshit?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

So he thinks booing at full time instead of during the game is better? What a fucking fool.

''if I am building a team with younger players then that has to happen.''

But he isn't building a team with younger players if you look at the age of our starting 11 on saturday, Baptiste, Beckford, Lonergan, Danns, Eagles and Mcnaughton to name just a few.

Start playing the likes of Wilkinson and Eaves and the crowd will stick with the team much longer.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Credit to Dougie.

People do pay hard earned cash to watch Bolton (except Fannyrash Whittam obviously). I can think of one manager in particular who didn't appreciate that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum