Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP)

+10
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Sun Mar 11 2012, 00:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Next game up - should we go for it or not?

Do we really want a cup distraction at the same time we are playing for our Premier League survival?

What sort of team should we put out?

2Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Sun Mar 11 2012, 10:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It can be argued both ways - try to consolidate confidence or save energy.
I'm increasingly keen on the idea of going narrow, and putting Klasnic in with Ngog (442) with Miyaichi as the only winger with permission to play on either side as the mood takes him. This would be a good game to test it out.

What we definitely can't do is play 442 with 2 wingers.

3Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Sun Mar 11 2012, 11:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Spurs are not on top form right now, they should have lost a few games recently, how they lost yersterday i will never know but they still did.

Perhaps it's a good time to play them, if thats possible and maybe get a replay out of it.

4Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Sun Mar 11 2012, 18:01

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:It can be argued both ways - try to consolidate confidence or save energy.
I'm increasingly keen on the idea of going narrow, and putting Klasnic in with Ngog (442) with Miyaichi as the only winger with permission to play on either side as the mood takes him. This would be a good game to test it out.

We can't go narrow, the majority of goals against us have come from crosses, I can't remember the stats but its an incredibly high amount. A lot of those in fairness were because of Robinson. But we are still woeful in the air.

I remember our inability to defend crosses got so bad that it was mentioned on MOTD once, you know you have a massive weakness when they are starting to notice it! see how long it took them to notice Knight!!

5Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Sun Mar 11 2012, 18:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The greedy bastards want £38 for an adult ticket. The game is live on ESPN so I can't see that many north west based Wanderers making the trip for a 5.30 kick off.

6Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Sun Mar 11 2012, 18:04

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I want to see us have a go, I think its a good chance to give Sordell and Riley a game as well, im pretty confident Coyle will give them a run out in this one, at least for some of the game (hopefully not 10 mins at the end).

7Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Sun Mar 11 2012, 18:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

plus just cheked prices with Virgin trains and a return from Bolton is approximately GBP 120.00

Whilst spurs are having the "Redknapp should be England manager" hangover we do actually have a good chance of actually doing something in the game.... I am going for a 1-2 win.

8Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Mon Mar 12 2012, 11:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It can be argued both ways - try to consolidate confidence or save energy.

We can't go narrow, the majority of goals against us have come from crosses, I can't remember the stats but its an incredibly high amount. A lot of those in fairness were because of Robinson. But we are still woeful in the air.

I remember our inability to defend crosses got so bad that it was mentioned on MOTD once, you know you have a massive weakness when they are starting to notice it! see how long it took them to notice Knight!!
I have to disagree. Petrov and Miyaichi or Eagles do next to nothing in terms of stopping crosses coming in and going narrow whilst going forward in numbers won't change that situation. We'd still have a back 4 and midfielders capable of supporting them whilst we haven't got possession, but it's when we have and are going forward that the likes of Klasnic would benefit from a narrower approach.

9Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:10

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Go for it but with some changes in the team.

Bring Muamba in. Bring Riley in. Bring SKD in - I kid of course.

It's difficult because I am loathe to go 442 - but I want Sordell to play. But I want Ngog in.

Eagles and Klasnic are better as subs.

10Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Muamba is finished, and rightly after his childish outburst on twitter.

11Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

What did he say on their? I have been wondering why he hasn't featured over Pratley, I just thought it was something to do with him turning up late for a match.

12Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope Muamba isn't finished. He has his (well-documented) faults but he runs and tackles like a demon and will be much-needed in the last 10 games.

13Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Mon Mar 12 2012, 14:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I assumed Muamba was dropped purely for tactical reasons against QPR not that he was on the way out. The fact that he came on as a sub when we needed to sit on our lead supports this. I certainly am not convinced that a Pratley/NRC pairing in midfield, with or without Mavies, is the right way forward for us.

14Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Mon Mar 12 2012, 16:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

aaron_bwfc wrote:What did he say on their? I have been wondering why he hasn't featured over Pratley, I just thought it was something to do with him turning up late for a match.

Nobody knows really - they are just guessing that there is a problem from what Muamba as treated.

For the record he did say he hadn't been late when people that that he had - and the most recent thing he tweeted (the night before the QPR game) was something about people having 'favourites' within a group - or words to that effect.

People have interpreted that as Coyle picking others in front of Muamba (like Pratley I suppose?).

But as I say, it is only people’s interpretation - Muamba could have been talking about something completely different for all we know.

Either way it probably is not the wisest thing to be doing - too many tweets make a twat don't you know!

15Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope all these stupid bastards who keep tweeting end up with a bad dose of bird flu.

16Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Fri Mar 16 2012, 13:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4-0 Spurs. Coyle out.

17Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Fri Mar 16 2012, 13:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it will be a draw!

18Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Fri Mar 16 2012, 20:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have been trying to convince myself all week we may get a replay out of this but in all honesty I can't see past a battering.

4-1 Spurs

19Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Sat Mar 17 2012, 16:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

1-1

Klasnic to score!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

20Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Empty Re: Spurs v Bolton (FA CUP) Sat Mar 17 2012, 17:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lineup (4-5-1): Bogdan; Alonso, Knight, Boyata, Ricketts; Petrov, Reo-Coker, Muamba, Pratley, Miyachi; Klasnic.

He might aswell have just rested the regulars within that team and played kids. He can't be serious about winning, playing a team like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum