Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers need a unified home front

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman says he is just as desperate as the Wanderers fans to end a winless streak at the Reebok.

Tension is high as the Whites – currently the only team in the Football League yet to win on home turf – look to end their barren run against Millwall tomorrow.

Four consecutive home draws have provoked some negative reactions from the terraces but Freedman has no complaints with the support his side have been given.

Nevertheless, the Scot is keen to see the end of an eight-game run, which is now inching closer to the club record of 11 games without a home win set more than a century ago.

“I think the fans have been patient,” he told The Bolton News. “They deserve to see good football and winning teams but, of course, we cannot win every single game.

“You have to make sure you put on a good show, and me being a football fan, if my team has shown commitment and effort, then fans will see that. Of course, we are wishing we get that win, as we have done away from home. Hopefully, it will be tomorrow.”

Freedman is paying little notice to the statistics heading into tomorrow’s game, and while Wanderers’ home form appears in the short term to be a serious concern, the wider view sees them having lost just twice in their last 18 outings in the league.

While the Whites boss doubts whether the numbers are a true representation of how recent games have gone, he accepts that a lack of concentration and poor finishing have cost his side points.

“The games are very close and if these guys who write up these statistics come and watch us play, in most of these games we have been on top in terms of shots, crosses, possession but it’s just not happened for one reason or another,” he said.

“There has been a little bit of tension in certain games and a lack of quality in one or two games to get the ball over the line.

“It’s not been through a lack of commitment or determination to try and get it.

“We had some defeats at the beginning of the season and we needed to stop that. We worked hard on the training and now we are unbeaten in a number of games.

“But you can't click your fingers and hope it happens. We are not going to throw in the towel which happens to many people in the job.

“We are not that far away. I know football is an emotional game and people get up and down on Saturday nights but I have tried to stay consistent.

“Unfortunate mistakes have come our way at home and that will be the key to being successful. If we can stop them happening and get back to a few clean sheets, I always think we have a goal or two in us. There is thought process in what we are trying to do and it’s not just about clicking the fingers.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum