Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jaaskelainen Junior helps Bolton Wanderers U18s stop the rot

+3
kennster
Keegan
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A famous Wanderers name enjoyed a successful debut for the club’s Under-18s on Saturday when teenager William Jaaskelainen followed in father Jussi’s footsteps to line-up between the sticks.

The under-16s academy stopper kept a clean sheet in his first outing for David Lee and Tony Kelly’s side as they picked up a second point of the season against Stoke at Lostock.

Of course, his dad’s boots are big ones to fill at the Reebok after a 15-year spell saw Jussi play almost 500 times before a move to West Ham where he is still plying his trade in the top flight at the age of 38.

But a clean sheet is not a bad way for Jaaskelainen junior to start and coach Lee was pleased for the youngster and the rest of his youth side after a run of six straight defeats and just one point prior to the weekend in the FA U18 Premier League North Group.

Lee said: “I thought we produced a great team performance on the day and we also had two under-16 players in Jaaskelainen and (Alex) Honeyball who did very well too at left-back.

“We dominated the game from start to finish, with Stoke’s goalkeeper making some excellent saves to thwart Sam Bailey and Jamie Thomas.

“With a depleted squad, and a trialist at right-back, the players responded very well and deserved to win the game.

“The players showed great character to work hard.”

It may have stopped the run of defeats but it could have been even better for the young Whites against a similarly youthful Potters team.

They had most of the pressure but Stoke’s Hungarian stopper Daniel Gyollai proved unbeatable on the day.

Jaaskelainen also played his part in keeping the scorleine goalless, denying Oliver Shenton early on from 20 yards and then Charles Weston-Hayles from a similar distance after half time.

It was not to be for the Whites youngsters who now turn their attentions to a trip to Sunderland on Saturday.

Lee added: “We created a lot of excellent chances and totally dominated the game, but we were ultimately thwarted by their goalkeeper who produced some good saves.

“We’ll take this result and make sure that we’re ready to go against Sunderland next weekend.”

Source

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Let's hope he stays and is better than his Dad...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

That article is full of shit, he's not even that good and the only reason he's in the team is because his dad played for Bolton.

I know lots of people who are better than him.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too lightweight

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:That article is full of shit, he's not even that good and the only reason he's in the team is because his dad played for Bolton.

Have you actually seen him play or are you talking out of your bum hole again?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:

At sixteen? By all means name them.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know a guy whose lad goals and trains at the academy. His football knowledge I respect.
He told me about him about twelve months ago. 15 yr old, six foot and commands his area apparently.
Furthermore they have a younger keeper who is a bit of a freak size wise at six three.
I'll disregard other's derogatory comments and see how he goes.
If he makes half the appearances his dad did for us and performs, then he'll have done well. I await his progress with interest.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How can a sixteen year old be dismissed as rubbish by posters on here when he has just played his first under 18's game and kept a clean sheet? I know a lot of Trotters are desperately unhappy unless they have something to be nasty about but Jesus wept we're talking about a KID here. Sure he's got a famous name and maybe he won't live up to his dad's acheivements but to make that judgement now and say he's rubbish when I doubt you've even seen him play is irrational even for this board.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:How can a sixteen year old be dismissed as rubbish by posters on here when he has just played his first under 18's game and kept a clean sheet? I know a lot of Trotters are desperately unhappy unless they have something to be nasty about but Jesus wept we're talking about a KID here. Sure he's got a famous name and maybe he won't live up to his dad's acheivements but to make that judgement now and say he's rubbish when I doubt you've even seen him play is irrational even for this board.
Exactly.:agree: 

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

luckyPeterpiper wrote:How can a sixteen year old be dismissed as rubbish by posters on here when he has just played his first under 18's game and kept a clean sheet? I know a lot of Trotters are desperately unhappy unless they have something to be nasty about but Jesus wept we're talking about a KID here. Sure he's got a famous name and maybe he won't live up to his dad's acheivements but to make that judgement now and say he's rubbish when I doubt you've even seen him play is irrational even for this board.
Exactly!!

:agree:

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

:agree:
Exactly.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum