Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Health and safety.

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Health and safety. Empty Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:02

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What the fuk is wrong with this country when a fire crew refuse to wade in 3 ft of water in a model boating lake to save a man face down having a fit and watch for 37 mins until a level 2 arrives who is qualified to wade in to the now dead guy.The fire crew although they could swim were only level 1 ankle deep allowed.Wheres the fukin sense in that.All those fire crew pricks who just watched him die should have their balls pulled off with a pair of nut crackers.

2Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree it's totally crazy. Surely human emotion overrides all these silly bloody regulations ? If you can swim and see someone drowning then it's a natural reaction to try and rescue them. Isn't that what the fire brigade are employed to do ? Save lives ?

3Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've banned Christmas too.

4Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:I agree it's totally crazy. Surely human emotion overrides all these silly bloody regulations ? If you can swim and see someone drowning then it's a natural reaction to try and rescue them. Isn't that what the fire brigade are employed to do ? Save lives ?
you would think so would you not but they must all be complete dollops of shite to think of their jobs instead of saving lives.On a lighter note a friend of mine left out a size 8 empty shoe box on top of his bin, they left it and the full bin, on asking why they did not just remove said shoe box the depot manager said health and safety, weight of shoe box could cause injury to operative if he lifted it off the bin!!!! yes that sounds reasonable. Shocked

5Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Angry Dad wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I agree it's totally crazy. Surely human emotion overrides all these silly bloody regulations ? If you can swim and see someone drowning then it's a natural reaction to try and rescue them. Isn't that what the fire brigade are employed to do ? Save lives ?
you would think so would you not but they must all be complete dollops of shite to think of their jobs instead of saving lives.On a lighter note a friend of mine left out a size 8 empty shoe box on top of his bin, they left it and the full bin, on asking why they did not just remove said shoe box the depot manager said health and safety, weight of shoe box could cause injury to operative if he lifted it off the bin!!!! yes that sounds reasonable. Shocked

For the love of god, a shoebox? scratch If you do yourself an injury lifting an empty shoeboz you deserve sacking.

6Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 14:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm all for good health and safety practice but when common sense goes out of the window it really grinds my gears.
In this case, I'd rather face losing my job than watch a guy die because of some f****** stupid rule.

7Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 14:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mind you, when I was a student my mate and I dive in and pulled a drowning bloke out of the Forth - and the bastard cursed us blind as he was trying to top himself. Apparently his missus had moved in with a neighbour. Ungrateful twat.

8Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 14:50

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I saved a young lads life once - dumb bugger left school and decided to take a dip in a small canal used to irrigate cane fields. The canal is mostly open but at intervals it is covered to go underground for a bit (where the road crosses it, for example). This lad thought it was a good idea to cool out at one such opening and the water pressure sucked him partially in. Normally this would not be a problem, but his leg was sucked in under him and he couldn't free himself. To make matters worse, he was now blocking the passage and the water level was rising! His friends were jumping around excitedly and making no effort to help - possibly for fear of getting in similar trouble or having him die on their hands. My friend and I happened on the scene, quickly assessed the situation and jumped in. I held his head above water and suported his weight while my friend went underwater to help get the trapped leg free. The dumb little bugger lived in a sea-side community and nearly drowned to death in a little canal in a bone-dry area! (Never did get the fish he promised us!)

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 15:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Keegan - Bolton Nuts very own ''The Hoff'' Very Happy

10Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 17:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The 'jobsworth' approach used to be bloody annoying, but to see it has now developed to actually letting people die, is beyond comprehension. I wonder what they would have done if the man was a friend or relative of one of them?

11Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Wed Mar 14 2012, 22:51

Think the guy who was in the water had been in for twenty minutes before the rescue service turned up. He was already dead, so it was a recovery mission not a rescue one, does anyone actually think they would just let him die? Why could a passer by not just go in and rescue him when he first went in?

12Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Thu Mar 15 2012, 21:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good questions, but it should also worry us that we never actually asked for details, indicating that we seem to have accepted that a situation like this is becoming the norm, and we could think so little of the attitude of the support services. All part of the general decline of our 'caring' society.

13Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Fri Mar 16 2012, 12:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I am away in london, while out running i come across an old guy in distress,i stop and ask him if he needs anything. A large supermarket home delivery driver also comes over,the old guy says his heart has gone out of sync and he left his pills at home ,he lives five mins by car, he asks the van driver to please take me home before its too late.Driver says more than my jobs worth mate !!!i cant deviate from my designated route. But i will die if i dont get a pill soon says the guy, i could call you a taxi says the driver or help you over the road to the bus stop.Fuk off you useless cnut i told him and stopped a car a woman who grasped the situation and took us to his house.The world is full of useless cnuts.

14Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Fri Mar 16 2012, 13:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's no wonder you are angry!

15Health and safety. Empty Re: Health and safety. Fri Mar 16 2012, 17:31

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:It's no wonder you are angry!
I could quite happily stamp guys like him flat as a board then go for a pint.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum