Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are the clubs accounts?

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where are the clubs accounts? Empty Where are the clubs accounts? Sat Dec 14 2013, 01:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems a bit odd that the clubs accounts are not out yet, think for the last few years they came out in November.

Already £135 million in debt, so how big a hole do you think we will be in this time?

Doesn't bode well that they have not been issued by now in my opinion.

2Where are the clubs accounts? Empty Re: Where are the clubs accounts? Sat Dec 14 2013, 01:38

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It might be just me but isn't most of the debt owed to the owner of our club, who charges quite a bit of interest on his investment , which gives him a good income annually,  not that he needs it.

Also doesn't he own the ground, Hotel and quite a lot of land in the Vinicity of the ground, which could make him a few bob if he decided to develop, build houses etc. Just my opinion.

3Where are the clubs accounts? Empty Re: Where are the clubs accounts? Sat Dec 14 2013, 01:54

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The fact that we could not get Michael keightley on loan when he wanted to come here and Burnley got him instead tells me we have a jar of pennies and an old button in the coffers.Signings like Sordell by Coyle,followed by his mismanagement in constantly playing 4-4-2.                                                       Two massive mistakes over Christmas 2011 v Newcastle 0-0 and with fifteen minutes left and the match looking a point all the way,which as it was just after our 2-1 win at Blackburn,which would have made it 4 from 6 and a clean sheet,he takes off Muamba who had been a colossus in midfield to go from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 within minutes the midfield is allowing space left by Muamba's holding role.Obertan pulls back from the wing to Ben Arfa I think 1-0 calamity full back Paul Robinson loses the ball not long after 2-0.So from a almost guaranteed point to another defeat.then Norwich 0-0 brings on SKD for Muamba 5 mins later 1-0 then 2-0.When you are at the bottom you take every point you can get.Them 2 points would off kept us up.Then the refusal to play Sordell who he paid £ 3.5 million for.On the two occasions Sordell played that season he seemed quick raring to go.At Norwich Sordell looked good and on the last day at Stoke he was driving at them for the 8 minutes Coyle gave him.When Muamba started and completed a full 90 minutes we won 5 drew 2 lost 1.All others when he was subbed or come on as a sub we lost.So the signing of Sordell has been a waste he can't even get in the Charlton team.

4Where are the clubs accounts? Empty Re: Where are the clubs accounts? Sat Dec 14 2013, 01:58

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No Eddie Davies does not own the ground I'm pretty sure on that.i think Burnden Leisure own it.No idea how that works but I might be wrong Sluffy might know better,but I'm sure the ground is not owned by ED.

5Where are the clubs accounts? Empty Re: Where are the clubs accounts? Sat Dec 14 2013, 01:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Banks of the Croal wrote:It might be just me but isn't most of the debt owed to the owner of our club, who charges quite a bit of interest on his investment , which gives him a good income annually,  not that he needs it.

Also doesn't he own the ground, Hotel and quite a lot of land in the Vinicity of the ground, which could make him a few bob if he decided to develop, build houses etc. Just my opinion.

The club is also a subsidiary of another company of Davies', which means he also benefits from group relief.
That means, hypothetically if the club made a £20m loss and the owner's other company made a £20m profit in the same year, the tax liability is £0 where it would otherwise be £5m+/-.

This conception that Eddie Davies is keeping the club afloat out of the goodness of his heart is wrong.

6Where are the clubs accounts? Empty Re: Where are the clubs accounts? Sat Dec 14 2013, 02:01

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He is not daft when it comes to ££££ insure of that.

7Where are the clubs accounts? Empty Re: Where are the clubs accounts? Sat Dec 14 2013, 02:27

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No matter how much money you have, there comes a time when you say, enoughs enough, I aint going to throw anymore money at it, Lee, Megson, Coyle, all cost me millions and for what, the fans haven't been happy and we've been relegated.

Now we're in Dougie's hands, not had much to spend in comparison to his predecessors,  so for me it's going to take a lot more nous to get things right, loans for now or signings on the cheap.

Anyway time for bed gotta get up early for the Wigan match Very Happy

8Where are the clubs accounts? Empty Re: Where are the clubs accounts? Sat Dec 14 2013, 02:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I still have to bang on about the fact that Davies wealth came from when the company he was the CEO of was taken over and he got £93 million from his share holding.

Whichever way people want to dress things up about his wealth the fact is that HIS money simply is not enough to cover a £125 million personal loan to the club (the other £10 million being a bank loan) as well as own outright these other businesses that he has.  Others therefore MUST have an indirect investment in the club too.

In simple terms the club (ground academy, etc.) is owned by Burnden Leisure, which in turn as a line of credit of £100 million from another of Davies company's - Moonshift.

These companies are based in Bermuda and other tax exile country's - meaning they do not have to publish accounts for them.  However league rules do require clubs to make annual accounts - and this is now due - hence this thread.

9Where are the clubs accounts? Empty Re: Where are the clubs accounts? Sat Dec 14 2013, 04:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lets just hope we don't get done for financial irregularities then Sluffy  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum