Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

anyone see the bolton news on saturday?

+4
doffcocker
scottjames30
Whitesince63
Reebok_Rebel
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

then tell me...

freedman said after watching wigans exit from Europe, he had an idea how to set us up.

also...

our last game, we tore the opposition a new arsehole, the team clicked...

so, given these 2 points, can sombody try and explain why the fuck we reverted to the same, negative bullshit tactics that led to us yet again getting bummed in our own half for 45 mins?

how long is it going to take Dougie to realise that CONTAINMENT DOES NOT WORK!

if we started the first half like we had done the second one, we would have won.

ok, i accept the penalty that mills conceded but fuck me, we looked a static, defensive mess first 45 mins.

did Dougie really have a game plan or was he just chatting bubbles to the BEN?

hes to stubborn and we are going fucking nowhere
with this stupid cunt in charge.

time to go Dougie, you made us look like fucking fools again. Wanker.

im seething.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Calm down RR there's no point getting heated over it when the people running the club don't. This has been going on for over a year now but the continuing decline continues because the easily pleased club maintain there's nobody better. God help us if that's true because that is just the attitude that will get us relegated. Freedman obviously practices as much bollox as he preaches yet no matter how obvious it is Management fails to act. Football is a results business they say, we'll clearly not in Bolton.  ::seething2:: 

Reebok_Rebel wrote:then tell me...

freedman said after watching wigans exit from Europe, he had an idea how to set us up.

also...

so, given these 2 points, can sombody try and explain why the fuck we reverted to the same, negative bullshit tactics that led to us yet again getting bummed in our own half for 45 mins?

if we started the first half like we had done the second one, we would have won.

ok, i accept the penalty that mills conceded but fuck me, we looked a static, defensive mess first 45 mins.

im seething.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman lol.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A lot of people are calling the second half performance "spirited". 
We played well but they really sat back and invited us back into the game. As soon as the equaliser went in, they stepped it back up and we fell to pieces again. 

You can only get so far playing as slow as he wants us to.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

we looked ok in second half, why we didn't start like that i don't know.
i keep saying to myself, maybe he got it wrong today, but ive lost my rag.
he can only get it wrong so much, hes not learning from it, we have one good game then revert to the usual shite the game after.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mark Davies looked good when he came on set up Beckford the useless twat hit a powder puff shot fucking useless.We have better finishers in the development squad,Connor wilkinson n tom Youngs .Alas they're not getting bench time.Same old story very average players,only Moritz n Mark Davies have any real quality.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:then tell me...

also...

im seething.

My sentiments exactly. I'm sick to the back teeth of Duggie's ultra cautious approach. We have the players to be up there challenging in my opinion. It's bloody Freedman and his tactics that are holding us back. We had to go for it at 2-0 down and Wigan were really struggling to contain us. What have we got to lose, we're not shit enough to be relegated, go for it Duggie you useless Jock twat.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We "went for it" a lot earlier in the season and got punished. Same again yesterday after we'd got it back to 2 - 2.
Until we get a rock solid back four, "going for it" is a huge gamble which so far hasn't worked.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:We "went for it" a lot earlier in the season and got punished. Same again yesterday after we'd got it back to 2 - 2.
Until we get a rock solid back four, "going for it" is a huge gamble which so far hasn't worked.

Actually that's not true. In all the games where DF has actually 'gone for it' we have won the games. Its the games where he gets too cautious and over-complicates things when we come undone. He tries to play like the Italians, slow build up and sit back letting the opposition have most of the ball. Out possession stats at home are horrific for a team that aspire for the playoffs.

DF's tenure will be summed up like the home against Blackpool last season. If he'd actually trust his midfield to dominate a game, he would be a successful manager and we would've got into the playoffs and who knows where after that. But DF didn't play to the teams strengths. Without Dawson he bottled it. IMO he will never be a successful manager. He'll be a mediocre Championship manager at best and we will be a mediocre Championship team as long as he is our manager. Time to get rid! I have absolutely no idea who to bring in to replace him.  pale

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:
wanderlust wrote:We "went for it" a lot earlier in the season and got punished. Same again yesterday after we'd got it back to 2 - 2.

Actually that's not true. In all the games where DF has actually 'gone for it' we have won the games. Its the games where he gets too cautious and over-complicates things when we come undone. He tries to play like the Italians, slow build up and sit back letting the opposition have most of the ball. Out possession stats at home are horrific for a team that aspire for the playoffs.

DF's tenure will be summed up like the home against Blackpool last season. If he'd actually trust his midfield to dominate a game, he would be a successful manager and we would've got into the playoffs and who knows where after that. But DF didn't play to the teams strengths. Without Dawson he bottled it. IMO he will never be a successful manager. He'll be a mediocre Championship manager at best and we will be a mediocre Championship team as long as he is our manager. Time to get rid! I have absolutely no idea who to bring in to replace him.  pale

I think it is true though. There was a period where he'd attack from the start and then think about "containment" once we had a lead - and it worked. Obviously that approach is a non-starter when we were 2 nil down - maybe if he'd brought Knight on and gone for containment as soon as we equalised we might have come away with a good away point.
But I do agree he hasn't found the right balance yet, although when you look at the chances missed and the goals conceded recently it reeks of individual player error.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum