Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic

+25
Barryjw
guest66
Tigermin
Norpig
Whitesince63
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
Chairmanda
frankboy
terenceanne
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Triumph
wessy
observer
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Soul Kitchen
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

121Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 23:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Can't really comment that much on the game today as I didn't go (thankfully), to be honest in the past when I have missed a game I have been rather gutted not to have gone but today even before the start of the game I really didn't care about not going.

It's a sad state of affairs when you are happy not to have been to a game, the club really is on it's arse right now thanks to a string of piss poor decisions by the people who run the club and the managers who have taken over the reigns.

I feel it's time for Dougie to go.
 i was at the game and wished i wasn't, totally agree with the rest aaron

122Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 09:47

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Again and again week in week out! that was awful, we have made no progress at all no matter who is picking the team, How do we solve this? no idea? As for the atmosphere well I have had more fun sitting in the dentists waiting room it just can't go on like this otherwise we be another Portsmouth/Coventry City/Wimbledon.

123Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 11:29

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Unfortunately I went to the game as well. Never thought I would say this but I dont want to go again,the stuffing has been well and truly kicked out of me game after game after game. Yesterday was utter utter garbage and if that clueless jock prick has a long term plan I for one do not want to see it.We had dark days under Megson and Coyle but this current shit tops those by a mile. I will keep on attending but with dread rather than hope,the Reebok is like a morgue at the moment and there is no reason to believe it will change whilst we are presented with that shite week in week out.FUCK OFF FREEDMAN !!!

124Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 11:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Tigermin wrote:Unfortunately I went to the game as well. Never thought I would say this but I dont want to go again

I didn't go yesterday but this is close to how I and I think quite a lot of fans are feeling right now.

It's never been this bad for me personally in terms of lack of entertainment.

125Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 16:58

guest66

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

doffcocker wrote:The Charlton defence couldn't have made it much easier for us. So often we picked up the ball in promising positions thanks to poor clearances and generally poor play, but just didn't know what to do with it. 

For me, no player epitomises Freedman better than Jay Spearing and that was at it's worst today. How often does he pick up the ball in acres of space, then take an age to pick out a pass, passing up on good opportunities to take the ball forwards? I laugh at that way he holds his arms out appealingly whenever he's got the ball and has no idea what do with it. 

Absolutely spot on, Spearing has been so incredibly poor this season yet he is still our captain? He has gone so far downhill since last season that something is clearly wrong with the tactics. As soon as Mark Davies came on he showed spearing exactly how it was done by driving on with the ball rather than just standing waving his arms. Shockingly poor from Dougie yesterday. The tactis are just awful, When charlton attacked (which wasn't much) they looked like they were going to score every time, we could of easily been 3 0 down half an hour in. We also seem very reluctant to actually cross the ball, so often chung and others cut back inside and we just end up passing across the goal then losing it. Eagles showed why he should be the first player on the team sheet, massively better player than chung who has been very poor all season. Then we move on to subs, 1 1 at home to charlton and Dougie makes his first sub at 75 minutes? Why not earlier and look to win the game. He then brings hall on with 5 minutes to go, why so late? It's almost like he's happy with the point. Mark davies is also not a defensive midfielder, play him behind the striker where he can actually be effective Dougie ffs! Freedman out, Holloway in! At least we will get a bit of passion!

126Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 17:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

127Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 17:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A bit more chances than what were shown on the FLS last night but still nowhere near good enough.

The club really needs to address the low attendances one way or another, 15,000 is unforgivable for a team and a stadium like ours.

128Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 17:54

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Charlton made their intentions clear with 10 men behind the ball when out of possession and substituted both their attackers with defenders. Made for a dour game..

129Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 17:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:A bit more chances than what were shown on the FLS last night but still nowhere near good enough.

aaron don't let that fool you, it didn't show the Charlton chances.

they could've been 2 up with a great chance after their goal.

130Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 18:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There was massive optimism going into this season because of how last season ended. I think the club thought they'd take advantage of that by putting season ticket prices up, and it has backfired. 

They can't just give out tickets on the cheap because it devalues the season ticket, and the "bring a buddy" offer obviously wasn't a success.

Having said that, money is only one factor. I remember it taking some convincing from my dad to get a season ticket in the Megson days, at £49. And he was offering to pay for it.

131Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 18:10

You should have phoned Child-Line........

132Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 20:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:You should have phoned Child-Line........

lol! 

133Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sun Dec 22 2013, 23:56

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wasn't offering him anything. It was a bloody threat. Either he behaved himself or he would be forced to suffer every minute of every single home match under Megson.  Twisted Evil 

134Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Mon Dec 23 2013, 00:13

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Sorry, but its just nowhere near as atrocious as it was under Megson.
Under megson every goal kick was long, every free kick from the back was long, every free kick from half way was pumped forward, every throw was long down the line looking for a flick on. We never carved out chances that were real footballing brilliance or anything interesting to watch. at the least we now have some variation, some quick free kicks, some brains, some intelligence, some inventiveness...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

135Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Mon Dec 23 2013, 00:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 1-1 Charlton

Kevin McNaughton scored his first goal in a Bolton shirt as Wanderers recorded a 1-1 draw against Charlton Athletic at the Reebok Stadium.

The full-back fired home on the stroke of half time to cancel out Yann Kermorgant's earlier strike and despite a second half rally from the Whites, they were ultimately forced to settle for a solitary point on a bitterly cold afternoon in BL6.

Ahead of the clash, Dougie Freedman made one change to the side which faced Wigan Athletic last time out with Chris Eagles coming into the starting line up in place of Darren Pratley, while Mark Davies was named on the bench following on from his cameo appearance against the Latics.

Neither side were able to take charge of proceedings inside the opening stages of the clash, with a number of gritty challenges and ambitious passes resulting in very little goalmouth action.

Having struggled to make their mark early on, the visitors almost stunned the Reebok as Lawrie Wilson found himself in on goal with ten minutes on the clock but he fired his effort well wide of the far post, while Yann Kermorgant had Andrew Lonergan scrambling for the bottom corner with his testing shot.

No sooner had the Addicks enjoyed an opportunity to break the deadlock however, they went on to find the back of Wanderers' net through Kermorgant who powered home through a crowded penalty area with 12 minutes gone after good work from Rhoys Wiggins.

With a goal under their belts, Charlton proceeded to pepper Lonergan's goal with Cameron Stewart's unmarked header from close range almost punishing the Whites further, but he failed to hit the target.

Despite finding themselves under an onslaught of pressure however, Bolton still looked dangerous on the counter attack with Andre Moritz & Neil Danns working tirelessly in a bid to bring Wanderers level.

Eagles also went close for the Whites with his mazy run into the area forcing a smart save out of Ben Alnwick from close range, while Chung-Yong Lee saw his header cleared off the line with the Reebok faithful already on their feet.

With Wanderers seemingly growing in confidence after such an early setback, Lee enjoyed another glorious chance to equalise after Moritz played a lofty pass into his path, but the Korean failed to get any real contact on the ball with the goal at his mercy.

Undeniably on top in the clash, the Whites looked certain to pull level with just three minutes of the half left after Lee pulled the ball back from the by-line into the path of Joe Mason who attempt a deft shot under pressure, but the striker was denied from a matter of yards out.

With it seeming as though Charlton were going to head into the break with their lead intact however, Kevin McNaughton ensured that wasn't to be the case as he curled the ball home on the stroke of half time following good work from Eagles.

Back on level terms, Bolton began the second period which more vigour than they had done the first, with Lee & Eagles combining well inside the opening minutes of the half on a counter attack which ultimately came to nothing.

Having come close to finding the back of the net earlier in the game, Mason looked to have given Wanderers the lead with 51 minutes gone as he powered a header towards goal, but Alnwick was on his guard to palm the ball away.

Not to be deterred however, Charlton enjoyed a chance of their own to retake the lead as Kermorgant unleashed a looping volley from just outside the area, but Lonergan was equal to it and was able to push the ball over the crossbar.

No sooner had they threatened though, Wanderers were back piling on the pressure with Eagles running the Addicks' defence riot down the left flank and McNaughton finding himself in a much more forward role than usual down the right.

A knock sustained by Lonergan halted play briefly, but once back underway Davies was introduced into the fold with 18 minutes left in place of Lee as the Whites went all out for the win.

Having struggled to make any real impression on the second half, Chris Solly enjoyed a glorious opportunity to put Charlton back in front as he found himself unmarked just inside the box, but he proceeded to fire his shot over the crossbar.

As the clock ran down and with the visitors virtually penned in their own half of the pitch, Jermaine Beckford and Rob Hall were thrown into the mix for extra firepower.

With four minutes of added time indicated it was all hands to the pump for Bolton as the Whites threw men forward in their numbers, but Jay Spearing's shot over the bar was to be as close as they came as the game ended all square.

Match details
Bolton: Lonergan, McNaughton, Mills, Ream, Baptiste, Spearing, Danns (Hall 86), Eagles, Moritz, Lee (Davies 73), Mason (Beckford 79)

Subs not used: Knight, Pratley, Lee-Barrett, Medo

Charlton: Alnwick, Solly, Morrison, Wood, Wiggins, Cousins, Stephens, Wilson, Church (Evina 83), Stewart (Dervite 90 +0:23), Kermorgant

Subs not used: Hughes, Green, Pritchard, Cook, Pope

Attendance: 14,923 Referee: Phil Gibbs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

136Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Mon Dec 23 2013, 00:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman - An opportunity missed

Dougie Freedman was left to rue missed opportunities as Bolton were held to a 1-1 draw with Charlton Athletic at the Reebok Stadium.

After falling a goal behind Bolton rallied against a stubborn Charlton side and drew level through Kevin McNaughton’s curling effort in first half stoppage time.

And despite dominating much of the play after the restart, a winning goal ultimately eluded the Trotters.

“We’re disappointed with the result, but not so much the performance,” the manager said. “The players have put a lot of hard work in on the training ground and I think that showed in our good approach play.

“We had a golden spell towards the end of the first half. We dominated and created chances, but at the end of the day it boils down to taking them.

“We are trying to change the culture of the football club. We’re looking to play good football whilst developing younger players.

“The story of the game is probably summed up by Kevin McNaughton scoring our goal.

“Our approach play was excellent. We just need to make sure that when we’re getting the chances we’re taking them.

“Credit to Charlton, they came here to try and get a draw and that’s what they have got.

“They sat very deep, though I still thought that we had done enough to win the game.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

137Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Mon Dec 23 2013, 10:12

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Biggie wrote:Sorry, but its just nowhere near as atrocious as it was under Megson.
Under megson every goal kick was long, every free kick from the back was long, every free kick from half way was pumped forward, every throw was long down the line looking for a flick on. We never carved out chances that were real footballing brilliance or anything interesting to watch. at the least we now have some variation, some quick free kicks, some brains, some intelligence, some inventiveness...
But the results are no better, the fans are just as frustrated, I feel we are 1 step forward and 2 steps back, the empty seats and silence on the terraces speak volumes.

138Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Mon Dec 23 2013, 10:31

guest66

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Biggie wrote:Sorry, but its just nowhere near as atrocious as it was under Megson.

You're getting desperate now Biggie, what is wrong with a long free kick pumped forward? It's better than taking a quick free kick to then pass it across the goal for 10 minutes because we aren't instructed to cross a ball. I couldn't stand Megson but at least we were a threat from a set pieces, i can't remember the last time we scored from one with Dougie? If he spent the same amount of time looking at our weaknesses as he does the the opposition maybe we would actually get somewhere. Even Doncaster are ahead of us, he's turned us in to a shambles. 1 win in 5, 2 at home all season and the worst part is he's turning away more fans than megson was. Going to home game i now do not expect to get entertained. We have only scored more than 1 game at home 3 times all season, you keeping plucking away saying we are inventive intelligent etc the stats do not show any of that at all. I'd go as far as saying this is the most boring bolton side i have ever seen, sideways passing no crossing, no aerial presence, and our only direct player (eagles) has barely started a game all season.

139Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Mon Dec 23 2013, 16:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Every time I think Dougie's going to take us forward we suddenly play like brain dead plankton and are as exciting to watch as 'The World Grass Growing Championship'. I wasn't at the game myself but I saw some extended highlights (using the term generously) and then buried my face in my hands as I wondered why I keep defending Dougie. I still feel he should have until the end of the season before a real judgement can be made but right now I feel we'll need a dedicated line to The Samaritans for BWFC fans long before April to counter the loss of will to live that these type of displays cause. I'm pretty sure they could use the video of this match to cure the insomniacs that sedation and other strong drugs couldn't help. 

Dougie frustrates me because recently we've seen some genuinely scintillating football and some well deserved well taken wins then followed it up with stuff that made the Megson Days look like the White Hot Years. I can't get my head around the almost schizophrenic way our players perform, sometimes in the same match. If Dougie doesn't get something going quickly then I doubt he'll get near the end of the season and I won't really feel able to argue against it. I've had my doubts about the Dougie Freedman 'plan' from the off and said so but now I'm starting to doubt that he even knows what that plan is himself. Too many soundbites and not enough visible action are rapidly eroding my willingness to give him the benefit of the doubt.

140Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Mon Dec 23 2013, 16:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is no cunting plan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum