Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer holidays advice?

+13
Soul Kitchen
Leeds_Trotter
wanderlust
bryan458
scottjames30
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
gloswhite
Sluffy
kennster
Banks of the Croal
Culcheth_White
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Summer holidays advice? Empty Summer holidays advice? Sat Dec 28 2013, 21:07

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

After holidaying in Southern Spain for the last 15 years or so, it's now time for a change.

I quite fancy somewhere like Umbria in Italy, which looks really nice, a 4 star half board basis, would suit me fine. 

My Mrs likes quite a lot going on and she fancies an all inclusive type holiday, with lots going on for our two teenage daughters and herself. My Mrs thinks Turkey would be a good choice, but I told her that I'm not prepared to roast my nuts off in 40C for a week or two.

Any advice would be much appreciated, as me and the Mrs are thousands of miles apart with our choices and this could well end up in divorce!  cheers

2Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Sat Dec 28 2013, 21:26

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Florida and get on some of them big rides, while you're still young enough to enjoy it with the kids Very Happy  

When my grandson is old enough to appreciate and experience the place, I'd love to take him.

3Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Sat Dec 28 2013, 22:21

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Just don't go to Sunny Beach Bulgaria.

Full of gypsys and the food is terrible

I had to walk for miles for decent food (Mcdonalds)

4Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Sat Dec 28 2013, 22:23

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

kennster wrote:Just don't go to Sunny Beach Bulgaria.

Full of gypsys and the food is terrible

I had to walk for miles for decent food (Mcdonalds)
I don't fancy Bulgaria either and I know Mrs Fussy will hate it, thanks for the input though.

5Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Sat Dec 28 2013, 22:28

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Did a Bulgaria/Romania holiday, same time as we got Okocha.

It was a cross from Farnworth and Tonge Moor.

6Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Sat Dec 28 2013, 22:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Even before I read Banksy's reply above, I was going to say Florida too.

People may think it is a bit corny but the weather is wonderful (outside tornado season!), the kids and Mrs will love it and you will end up enjoying it yourself too.

The theme parks, and water parks are exceptionally clean and well run and everybody are happy wherever you go.

It will set you back a few grand but if you think of it as a once in a life time holiday, it is well worth the cost (so much so that I've actually done it three times now!).

There's other great stuff to do away from the theme parks such as Daytona (if you like motor racing), Cape Canaveral (if you like space ships), the beaches (you can sail with dolphins if you like) plus NBA Baskett Ball -Orlando Magic, NFL Football - Tampa Bay Buccaneers, NHL Ice Hockey - Tampa Bay Lightening and NBA Baseball Tampa Bay Rays all within a couple of hours drive away.

There's even the Tampa Bay Rowdies if you wanted to watch a proper footy match!

To be honest even with all that lot the kids and Mrs still just wanted to stay in Disney and the other parks.

The highlight of the lot was swimming with Dolphins - everybody loved that.

As I say it is quite expensive but well worth it imo.

7Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Sat Dec 28 2013, 22:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I dont know what your budget is, but I would recommend Vietnam, Hong kong, Singapore, Australia, and especially South Africa. Lots of different places in the States.I drove from Washington by way of the Skyline Drive, down to the Great Smokey Mountains , where we went to the Cherokee Indian nation reserve. On the way down went to places for the American revolution, on the way back to Washington we went to places to do with the War of Independence. (Yorktown, etc). Brilliant. Disappointed with the great barrier Reef, but the rest was fantastic, Sydney, Douglas, Ayres rock, etc. Been to Turkey twice, thoroughly enjoyed it, but heard Marmaris is shite. For long haul trips I would recommend Travel bag, and Thompson closer to home

8Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Sat Dec 28 2013, 23:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Budget might be an issue but the USA has lots of possibilities. Choice probably depends on how old your kids are. If they are unhappy you probably won't enjoy your holiday too much.

Nearer home either France or Italy might suit you.

9Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Sun Dec 29 2013, 00:00

The Riviera Maya in Mexico is a top destination.

Golden beaches, all inclusive food and drink, friendly people, loads to do, guaranteed sunshine and a good time to be had all round.

Closer to home, try Parga or Valtos in Greece.

Went there for the first time about 5 years ago (after 25 years of going to the Greek Islands and experiencing all the touristy shit) and it's what I imagined Greece would be like before I first went.

Unspoilt fishing villages, beautiful mountains, great beaches and no cockney chavs.

Enjoy, mate.

Last edited by Breadman on Sun Dec 29 2013, 00:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just re-read the original piece and realised that Culcheth's kids aren't little so took out the bit about Kids' Clubs.)

10Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Sun Dec 29 2013, 01:08

Cleethorpes is shit, by the way.

And Margate is best avoided because it's full of "Cockernee" types who just want to eat jellied eels and stab everybody.

And you might see Danny Dyer.

Which is never good......

11Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Wed Jul 09 2014, 13:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Rebel posted the following:

" I've been to Gambia and for a very liberal Islamic country they have a bizarre outlook on the world."

May I take this opportunity to advise anybody who is thinking of going to the Gambia to save their money. The majority of the population live in poverty and squalor and although the hotels are okay, there really are much better options in Africa. Don't be tempted to go on a wildlife safari in the Gambia because there really isn't much to see apart from a few monkeys. Nearly all of the natural wildlife has been hunted to extinction throughout the entire country.

If you crave for adventure and really want to go to Africa then why not head to northern Nigeria where you will be heartily entertained by Boko Haram and the rest of the madding crowd?

Or if you want something visual that's not too abysmal how about the magnificently splendid Kenyan coastline near its border with sunny Somalia. You can make acquaintance with Al Shabab ( Soul Singer ) and boogie on down until the wee small hours with the odd bushfire, machete and AK47 to keep you company.

Whatever you decide, give the Gambia the swerve. It ain't worth it.

12Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Wed Jul 09 2014, 15:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm in Turkey at the minute.

Been in the sun (well into the 40s) since early morning so thought I'd catch up on all the usual shite that's going on at home.

Let me treat you to a couple of photos from today, it might sway you.

Summer holidays advice? 2z6cokh

Summer holidays advice? Xncjg1

13Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Wed Jul 09 2014, 15:42

Looks nice.

Ya bastard....... Very Happy

14Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Wed Jul 09 2014, 16:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Looks wonderful mate.

Have a great time.

15Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Wed Jul 09 2014, 16:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd love to jump in that sea.

16Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Wed Jul 09 2014, 17:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoy your holiday Doffcocker. Turkey is nice. I stayed in Side and it was lovely but I wish I had chosen Olu Deniz instead.

17Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Wed Jul 09 2014, 18:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cheers lads.

I'm staying in Marmaris RT, although the pictures were taken at a place called Turunc, which you pay just under a tenner to get to (and back) by water taxi. 
I've got a family wedding in Olu Deniz in September funnily enough, but couldn't turn down 5 nights here as it was a bargain. 

I went to Side in 2012 and didn't enjoy it as much as other places I've been to in Turkey. Obviously nothing to do with the millions of Germans and Russians.

18Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Wed Jul 09 2014, 18:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Side was full of Germans when I was there. Not many Brits at all.

19Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Thu Jul 10 2014, 09:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Been to Gumbet and OluDeniz, and both were good. Go on the day excursions, they're excellent.

20Summer holidays advice? Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Thu Jul 10 2014, 10:08

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Off to Tenerife in 6 weeks anyone been?? cant wait!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum