Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Liam Trotter SIGNED (on loan with option to buy)

+14
Copper Dragon
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
xmiles
Barryjw
doffcocker
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
Culcheth_White
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With a name like Liam Trotter, surely he's going to sign for us?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Culcheth_White wrote:With a name like Liam Trotter, surely he's going to sign for us?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Useful player- he's tormented us a few times over the years

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nixon doesn't think we're in for a midfielder, we'll have to wait and see.  Trotter is a very good player though.

Last edited by Culcheth_White on Thu Jan 30 2014, 11:02; edited 1 time in total

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see Olly letting him leave Millwall.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bid was confirmed to someone in the London media apparently.

rejected.

Is he a central midfielder?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, apparently it will only go ahead if we can move someone out.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Liam trotter won't be signing for us, we have more important roles to fill

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Liam trotter won't be signing for us, we have more important roles to fill
Maybe so boggers but you're assuming Dougie sees it that way too. Frankly I'm far from certain he does. Trotter seems quite useful to be honest and if we can get him on a permanent deal cheap then I'd say get him. God knows we need something in the middle of the park to give us a bit more bite and perhaps take some pressure off our defence to boot. 

I don't think we're in a position to say we need a left back so let's just go buy one. we need a twenty goal a season striker so let's go get one of those too. While I don't rate Dougie's performance as a man manager I fully accept that in the transfer market his hands are largely tied behind his back and we have to get what we can for nothing or close to it. Besides, given his refusal to really blood the youngsters this might be the best way to start some competition for places and wake up the underperformers a bit. 

I agree we need players in other areas more but if we see someone of quality which this Trotter lad looks to have cheap then we should be in there, we won't get many chances to recruit someone good for low numbers and at worst he might turn us a profit if he doesn't work out and we sell him on.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to the Sun we have signed him.

" Bolton have sealed a cut-price £400,000 deal for Millwall midfielder Liam Trotter. Trotter, 25, has turned down two Lion's contract offers and was set to leave on a free this summer."

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:According to the Sun we have signed him.

" Bolton have sealed a cut-price £400,000 deal for Millwall midfielder Liam Trotter. Trotter, 25, has turned down two Lion's contract offers and was set to leave on a free this summer."
If that's true he should not be allowed to take penalties if we ever get any.

Why on earth are we blowing 400k (which is a lot of money for us) on another midfielder?

We have no decent strikers available and the defence is garbage.

We need a LB as a priority and at least one new CB.

Unless this signing is the start of a flurry of players coming in to cover the positions mentioned, I'm at a loss to understand what the hell's going on......

I'd be pleased with this (although I don't think we have signed him). But as Breadman says we've got far more pressing positions to fill so only if we also manage to fill those.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Why on earth are we blowing 400k (which is a lot of money for us) on another midfielder?

We have no decent strikers available and the defence is garbage.

We need a LB as a priority and at least one new CB.

Unless this signing is the start of a flurry of players coming in to cover the positions mentioned, I'm at a loss to understand what the hell's going on......
Maybe because our current crop of midfielders can't shoot, can't score and contribute far too few goals from midfield in a 451 formation that depends on goals from midfield?

Stupidest tweet so far,

@MarcIles 2. The players he wants to sign and that we are linked with show NO ambition for the club. Imagine these players in the PL...!
10:17 AM - 31 Jan 2014

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Stupidest tweet so far,

@MarcIles 2. The players he wants to sign and that we are linked with show NO ambition for the club. Imagine these players in the PL...!

Somebody else that thinks promotion is the target this season.

wanderlust wrote:

This is getting ridiculous now.......

Do these people think we're thick?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

This is getting ridiculous now.......

Do these people think we're thick?
Which people Bread? The Board that won't allow the manager to spend the money he saved the club on Ngog, the manager for targeting players that are affordable on what's left of a meagre budget, or Marc Iles for suggesting that despite having no budget we should be targeting players of a PL standard?

Too many hymn sheets for my liking.

In this instance, I was specifically referring to Iles' comment.

His tweet suggests that the reason we're not signing Freedman's targets is the fact that they aren't showing sufficient "ambition for the club", whatever that means.....

Are they being asked "Where would you want BWFC to be in five years?" as part of the selection process?

If so, we're clearly asking the wrong questions.

There should only be one question being asked:

Do you want to play every week?

They're being asked to come here and play football for a bit, not begin a life-long affiliation with the town of Bolton.......

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's nothing coming through on any of the other Transfer websites. I think the Sun might be inventing this

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum