Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lukas apologises to team-mates for Millwall miss

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lukas Jutkiewicz said ‘sorry’ after his penalty miss denied Bolton a first Championship victory since Boxing Day.

But team-mate Matt Mills was quick to defend the on-loan striker as Wanderers came under fire from motor mouth Millwall boss, Ian Holloway.

Jutkiewicz made only one error in a gallant man of the match display but his weak spot-kick ensured another frustrating afternoon for Bolton boss Dougie Freedman.

It gave Millwall late impetus to fashion a deserved equaliser through Martyn Woolford and allow Holloway to attack the visitors for being “boring.”

“Lukas has come in and done fantastically well for us,” said Mills. “Obviously he wanted to score the penalty but he’s going to be very important for us.”

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I suppose others will disagree but I don't really blame Juke. A missed penalty is something that can happen to any striker. I kind of feel sorry for him because penalties are a no win situation for the taker. If he scores so what? If he misses he's a twerp. 

I just hope it doesn't knock his confidence because without him I don't see us getting goals anyway, it's hard to see where they'll come from with him sometimes but that's as much about the tactics we play. Anyway so far he's done better than I expected but I still feel that we shouldn't have NEEDED to borrow someone else's striker when we have THREE of our own other than Beckford. Of course they're all out on loan and JB is injured. Brilliant strategy by our genius board and MENSA humiliating manager.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously Freedman's fault that Juke missed that penalty.
Clearly Juke wasn't motivated and that comes down to the manager.
What makes it worse was that Freedman hadn't forced the striker to practice penalties for the Millwall game. Any manager worth his salt would have known that.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderlust, the lone voice of Dougie lovers everywhere! Even you must know you're flogging a dead horse by now?  :flog:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum