Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matthew Etherington - Worth a Punt?

+3
terenceanne
Barryjw
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Matthew Etherington - Worth a Punt? Empty Matthew Etherington - Worth a Punt? Sun Mar 09 2014, 15:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 32 year old who currently plays for Stoke City as a left winger is out of contract at the end of the season.

The left winger was singned by Tony Pulis in 2009 at a cost of £2million and has featured in 150 games for The Potters scoring 13 goals.

New Potters boss, Mark Hughes has picked him in the starting line-up just five times so far this season and Etherington is happy to let his current deal run down.

Etherington admitted:

“I am definitely leaving. I have not heard anything from the club, which is fair enough, I have not played a lot lately.

“I will have been there five years in the January just passed and it has been a great time so I am really sad it is coming to an end.

“But there are no hard feelings. I think they are looking to go a different way, which is absolutely fine.”

“If I’m lucky I have three or four years left.

“I might even go abroad, we will have to see what happens, but it is something I would look into.”

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Too old and we're not short of wingers. We don't need the aggravation of dealing with somebody who has admitted a gambling addiction.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's never impressed me .....  so that's a no.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'd take him

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nope, past his best and I doubt he would command a championship wage.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

“I might even go abroad, we will have to see what happens, but it is something I would look into.”

Enough said really, Etherington won't get a lucrative deal at Bolton. No thanks!

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

gloswhite wrote:I'd take him, up the arse.
 affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum