Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Golf

+3
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Golf Empty Golf Sun Apr 01 2012, 12:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone on here follow the Golf ? I can't play the game but the ability of some of the players never ceases to amaze me.

The Augusta Masters starts on Thursday and I will be glued to the TV. What a picturesque venue it is. All the plants and flowers are shipped in just for the competition and the grass is greener than anywhere else I have ever seen.

I'm hoping Lee Westwood can break his duck of never winning a major but I will be just as happy if McDowell, Poulter or McIlroy win it.

2Golf Empty Re: Golf Sun Apr 01 2012, 13:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I play the game a fair bit but im aweful at it, going for a game this afternoon come to mention it.

Never knew that about the flowers, it's a cracking course, not sure they would let me play on it mind you.

Shall be glued to it from Thursday to Sunday, can't wait. It amazes me that Westwood has never won a major with how good he is but my bet on the top 3 will be:-

Rory, Tiger and Mickleson.

3Golf Empty Re: Golf Sun Apr 01 2012, 13:24

I will be watching and play quite a bit, although one week I could go round in 85 and the next go round in 100+.

Will be having a bet on Keegan Bradley at 33/1.

4Golf Empty Re: Golf Mon Apr 02 2012, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll watch when I can. The Augusta course is beautiful, especially if spring is well under way, but the greens always seem to be incredibly fast.
One of the highlights of Augusta is watching players putting away from the flag, hardly daring to put any speed into it, and occasionally ending up somewhere in the vicinity of the hole.
Would love to play a round at Augusta, even though I know the course would kill me - I'm pretty crap on an ordinary course. Impossible to pick a winner as conditions play such a big part at Augusta - if it's dry and hot it'll be a nightmare.

5Golf Empty Re: Golf Wed Apr 04 2012, 12:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Martin Kaymer hits a hole in one on the warm up session.........by skimming the ball over the water!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124827/Kaymer-skim-trick-shot-German-golfer-skims-ball-lake-hit-extraordinary-hole-one.html

6Golf Empty Re: Golf Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:11

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Its gay.

7Golf Empty Re: Golf Wed Apr 04 2012, 17:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This weekend I will be too inebriated to watch the golf - which is more interesting???

8Golf Empty Re: Golf Wed Apr 04 2012, 20:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I watch the Ryder Cup and that's it.

9Golf Empty Re: Golf Wed Apr 04 2012, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate golf with a passion. I'd rather get trapped in a lift with Largehat & Hipster than watch golf.

10Golf Empty Re: Golf Wed Apr 04 2012, 20:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know you don't mean it when you say these nasty things. You weren't saying that yesterday when you begged me to come back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum