Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-3 Fulham

+12
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Dunkels King
Keegan
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
jayjay23
xmiles
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 16:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spillthebeans wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Spillthebeans wrote:Utter shite,

no one likes a negative nancy.

so you happy with the result then

oh yeah, delighted to be embarrassed 0-3 at home by Fulham.

(i was joking, lighten up)

42Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 17:10

Brilliant. We lose a tough game at WBA only to find Bolton get thumped at home and Wigan let in a last minute goal. This was our day even though we lost!

43Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 17:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:Brilliant. We lose a tough game at WBA only to find Bolton get thumped at home and Wigan let in a last minute goal. This was our day even though we lost!

sad sad individual.

44Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Coyle's plan B was no better than plan A.

He reverted from the system that's responsible for our most successful period of the season to the one that's been the single least effective.

Granted, something needed changing but Klasnic and Davies? Really Coyle? Don't even get me started on Eagles for Myaichi.

45Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Shameful perfomance, can't pick one highlight of the game really.

The players were so slow if someone watches this game on sky tonight they will swear they have it on slow play, well apart from when Fulham had it and we made them look like brazil (not for the first time we have done it either).

With how results went elsewhere we have seriously let ourselves down, yet OC somehow managed to make one of the worst games of the season sound like a tight game with positives to be taken from it.

Oh and how has Alonso suddenly strolled back into the first team when our back 4 looked rather solid with Steinsson on the right and Ricketts on the left?

46Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Did we really buy someone called Sordell? I don't think so, as even a numpty manager could see that we had no finisher/striker on the park, yet if we had a Sordell, he was just what we needed. I don't think he exists.

47Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It kills me to say it but I think Steinsson is a better option at right back than Ricketts.

48Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The only reason I can think of as to why OC never plays Sordell is because he is scared of putting him on infront of klasnic and davies.

Ngog has pace but for some reason never uses it and instead of running at defenders runs to the bloody side and infront of them.

Dempsey had the run of our midfield when we had 5 in it so he must have thought all his birthdays had come at once when we went to 4 man.

49Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BBC says Fulham had 55% of possession which surprises me as it felt like we had a load of the ball but couldn't for love nor money do anything useful with it.

Fulham just have a teamful of better players than each of ours, and they've spent a similar amount of money.

50Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Resign Coyle you wanker. After 30 minutes you should have changed things and brought the subs on but, of course, you see it as "weak" to change things before half-time.

Firstly, David Ngog is utter shite. If I hear one more post about him working hard or suiting our shape I will kill someone. He is a disgrace to the white shirt. I'd rather re-sign Mick Jeffrey. He was a panic buy, £4m should have bought us, at the very least, someone who can shoot straight. It didn't.

Secondly, Mark Davies has got to go. Once again he was annoymous. He simply isn't upto the demands of the Premier League.

Thirdly, I've said all week Alonso is not quick enough to play at this level. He made Duff look like Ronaldo today which is not an easy thing to do.

But the weakest link is still Coyle. He is clueless, and if he really did draw any positives from that shocker he is a bigger dickhead than I thought. He should be fired tonight.

51Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Comes down to having a more experienced manager, in that case, and the gulf between them is so painfully obvious.

52Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:57

That was definitely our worst performance of the season. Absolutely no one played well, and the defence was a shambles once again. Owen has to pick Ricketts at left back in future.

However, results have gone for us so we're no worse off.

53Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've fallen to pieces against the majority of non-relegation struggling teams this season.

How many times has a mid-table side come to the Reebok this season and outplayed us easily?

Everton, Villa, Norwich, Sunderland, Newcastle and now Fulham.

And these are the sort of sides we've still yet to play.

54Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:We've fallen to pieces against the majority of non-relegation struggling teams this season.

How many times has a mid-table side come to the Reebok this season and outplayed us easily?

Everton, Villa, Norwich, Sunderland, Newcastle and now Fulham.

And these are the sort of sides we've still yet to play.

This is down to Coyle, he has no idea how to beat these teams. If Fat Sam was in charge we'd be picking up points here and there.

Look at the league table, just two draws all season suggests we simply can't hang in there when need be.

55Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't think we've been dangerous in any facet of the game.

We don't have a shearer type who's lethal from crosses but i don't think it's good practice ban crosses just because you don't have an archetypal target man.

the alternative is what? Passing through the middle? We can't do that either. At least the crossing tactic is percentage football, it might cause some concern.

the main problem has been giving the ball away, simple as that.

Not much point in playing a system that we don't have the players for just in case we might get a bit lucky.

Better that we try to play to the strengths of the team we have whilst taking into accounts of the strengths of the opposition.

They have Hangerland who kept a Kevin Davies of a few years ago in his pocket - so not very clever in playing a similar game plan with Ngog as a target man is it?

Would it not be better to say try and get say Ngog and Sorell up front with us hitting them on the break with speed?

Fulham's record away from home in terms of goals and results is (was!) very poor - so defend deep and hit the ball into the space behind them (not long ball to a target man) for the likes of Petrov, Ryo, Ngog and Sordell to run on to at pace. Not rocket science really and certainly better than playing to a target man that can't head!

Coyle is fecking clueless.

56Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The coaching staff have to do some work with mark davies IMO, in a 442 he is so in affective it's scary, even when he is in a 451 he goes missing at times.

If he is going to become this great player the people at bwfc think he will be then he has to fucking wise up and become less inconsistant.

57Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I honestly don't think we played up to NGog in the same way we play up to Kevin Davies, we played the ball to his feet numerous times and he fed the wings.

Play to the teams strengths? What are they? Honestly we don't have a "strength"

If there is a bright spot you'd have to highlight Ryo and Petrov and i think putting the majority of our attacks through them is wise.

58Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Petrov has been our player of the year by a mile IMO, some of the balls he has played into the box this season have been top drawer, sadly we take an age to get players into the box to feed off him.

59Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I honestly don't think we played up to NGog in the same way we play up to Kevin Davies, we played the ball to his feet numerous times and he fed the wings.

Play to the teams strengths? What are they? Honestly we don't have a "strength"

If there is a bright spot you'd have to highlight Ryo and Petrov and i think putting the majority of our attacks through them is wise.

Well let me put it another way - we KNOW 4-4-2 with the players we have doesn't work - we KNOW Ngog in a 4-5-1 isn't effective - nor is the midfield supporting and scoring goals - so why not try to think of another way to use the players we have?

Petrov and Ryo can put crosses in - so play them in early for players to run on to (turn the defenders) rather than in the air for Ngog to get beaten to it every time (or Kevin Davies and Klasnic to play statues to them!).

We've played 31 league games this season and not seen anything other than the two systems - 4-4-2 with Davies or 4-5-1 with Ngog - neither of which works!

Why the fuck can't Coyle think of something different - it's not difficult to do so really is it?

60Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:48

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There are so many things I want to say about today's game - I just don't know where to start!

Briefly, Alonso was the weak link. He did some good at times but some awful - needed to come off at half time or before. We could have left the rest as it was.
Then I finish my cup of tea only to step back out onto the balcony to see Kavies and Eagles are on. What did Miyagi do wrong?

And then, with the extra support of Kavies it did at least look like Eggnog had more space to use his pace - and he gets the hook too! And still Alonso is on. Just awful to revert to Klasnic and Kavies when we have seen all season that together they offer no threat. We got worse once Ngog was off the field. Fact.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum