Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers

+11
Triumph
terenceanne
Angry Dad
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Sluffy
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Wed Mar 19 2014, 20:42

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Super Eddie Hopkinson

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great stuff Banksy. Loved Hoppy.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The commentary is brill.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:The commentary is brill.
Kenneth Wolstenholme. Farnworth grammar school lad and wanderers supporter.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ronnie Phillips had an offy in Wogden, Hoppy was only about 5ft 6in.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

really enjoyed this. Even put my cocoa on hold to watch it  Very Happy

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

MartinBWFC wrote:Ronnie Phillips had an offy in Wogden, Hoppy was only about 5ft 6in.
Met him a few time's, very nice man, he had fecking big hand's.
He was 5ft 10 actually, I asked him and he called me a cheeky bugger.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

gloswhite wrote:really enjoyed this. Even put my cocoa on hold to watch it  Very Happy
Is that what you call her at night. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Ronnie Phillips had an offy in Wogden, Hoppy was only about 5ft 6in.
Was it near Park road?

10A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Wed Mar 19 2014, 22:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
Was it near Park road?
Can't remember, but it was just a small offy, think he committed suicide, or maybe I dreamt that.

11A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Wed Mar 19 2014, 22:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:14

That sounds like a line from a John Cooper Clarke poem.

Ronnie had an offie in Wogden,
The locals robbed him often,
But Ronnie was tough,
And he didn't give a chuff,
Cos ex-Wanderers rarely soften.

Just realised that's a limerick and JCC doesn't write limericks, but it's all I can muster after the whiskey......

13A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Thu Mar 20 2014, 01:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

How the mighty as fallen -

14A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Thu Mar 20 2014, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's not doing too bad, he's sold out the Palace Theatre in May, tried to get tickets as well but no luck.

15A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Thu Mar 20 2014, 09:36

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It was a great shame about Ronnie Phillips, who was a really nice guy. I knew his sister and used to go round to the family house in Eccles where he lived at the time.

16A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Thu Mar 20 2014, 10:29

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Today's ponces would roll around the floor after hurting their tender tootsies on that heavy ball.

17A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Thu Mar 20 2014, 10:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Full circle ... we couldn't beat Coventry today either    Cool

18A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Fri Mar 21 2014, 09:32

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Englands no 1, Notice how he would continually keep touching the goal posts, habit or superstition I never knew, After he retired he worked at Warburtons Bakery as a customer complaints guy, met him once on a tour of the bakery, he was quite disappointed in BWFC after his retirement as he said they never kept in touch with him.

I like the Freedman Out banners though lol.

19A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Fri Mar 21 2014, 09:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nice video, good slice of club history that shows how football used to be played.

20A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Empty Re: A bit of nostalgia for us Oldtimers Fri Mar 21 2014, 12:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That just reminded me how goddamn old I am getting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum