Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites record 51 million pound loss

+8
observer
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
karlypants
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Whites record 51 million pound loss - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites record 51 million pound loss Wed Apr 09 2014, 23:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:We should form a queue to give her a good twatting the fat pig!
I'm sure I replied to my own comment here as well!  :nuts:

22Whites record 51 million pound loss - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites record 51 million pound loss Thu Apr 10 2014, 08:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Cheers Obs.

It just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Where has it all gone?

And how on earth can we claw it back?
It's fairly murky but I understand that a large part of the recent trading losses were due to buying the hotel and investing heavily in real estate projects - so a lot of it is written off capital outlay which will have an increasing residual value. That's the good news - but underpinning that are years of trading losses on the footballing side.
The bad news is that the club has to start breaking even and quick. (The other bad news is what happens if Moonshift or Eddie's estate (if he dies) decide to call the loans in?)

As far as finance available to the manager to rebuild the squad is concerned it's clear that in order to get to break even on the football side of the business, costs have to be cut at the same time as improving results - a nigh on impossible task!
It is ASSUMED that if Dougie cuts the wage bill he will be given a reduced amount to trade with, but as Sluffy alludes to there is no guarantee that if Dougie saves money he will be allowed to spend it on new players.
So ultimately it comes down to what Dougie is given.

I suspect that will be bugger all which is why I think there's no chance of another manager being willing to even consider taking the job.

That's why so much is made of youth development and loanees - without money these are the only tools he has to work with.

If he is allowed to spend all of the savings he makes he may have an outside chance of putting together a team next year that could contend for promotion but otherwise we are looking at struggling to stay in the Championship for years to come.

Of course, the Board could decide to invest in order to recoup i.e. give him the money to get us into the prem - but I'd be very surprised as they've thrown money at Coyle and Megson to buy success in recent years and have been burned. Not Dougie's fault but unfortunately that's what he's walked into.

23Whites record 51 million pound loss - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites record 51 million pound loss Thu Apr 10 2014, 13:56

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I found this on my travels.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The only club with 'other' revenue. I presume that is the hotel and what not?

24Whites record 51 million pound loss - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites record 51 million pound loss Thu Apr 10 2014, 15:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's no way we made less money on the gate than Blackburn who got 3,000-4,000 a week less, with cheaper tickets.

25Whites record 51 million pound loss - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites record 51 million pound loss Thu Apr 10 2014, 15:46

It's not just gate money though, is it?

It's match day revenue.

Perhaps it's eight quid a pie at Blackburn.

And I've said for years that we must be losing money on beer and stuff because I've never once paid the correct price for a round at The Reebok.

I once bought six pints and two pies and the guy serving me looked a bit "special" shall we say, and because I'd passed the beers back to my mates before he reckoned up the bill he didn't have a clue and only charged me for what he could see on the counter in front of him, ie two pies and two pints.

26Whites record 51 million pound loss - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites record 51 million pound loss Thu Apr 10 2014, 21:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'll say it till the cows come home.  The only way out of this mess is to find a buyer with billions to piss away.  Or more likely a money man who will gut the current financial setup, remove most of the deadweight and actually run the club like a business. 
Now if in fact here are major tax fiddles involved currently then fair enough if that's the case.  That is as good a reason as any for Eddie not to look for a buyer.
When Eddie kicks the bucket what will become of us?  the banks will want the money ASAP and that's that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum