Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boring Boring Bolton

+5
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boring Boring Bolton Empty Boring Boring Bolton Sun Apr 13 2014, 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's face it, Bolton are bloody boring. Dougie's goes into every game looking to avoid defeat rather than win the match.

And he's not alone. There are managers up and down the country cut from the same boring cloth. Tony Pulis is a good example. Decent manager, but fuck me, he doesn't give a shit about entertainment. It's scandalous that his Crystal Palace team are above the highly entertaining WBA.

It seems entertainment is low on every managers priority list, most would take two 0-0 draws over a 5-4 win and a 4-3 loss, despite the latter bringing more points.

But isn't the answer bloody simple? Start to reward attacking and entertaining football with extra points. Win by two clear goals and receive an extra point, win by three clear goals and get two extra points. Or something similar.

Is there an actual downside to my idea? It not only encourages teams to attack, but it makes the season more open and competitive if a team can potentially gain 5 points rather than 3.

Would Dougie, Pulis and the other boring bastards be so keen to play for a draw if their more adventurous rivals could bag 5 points for a good victory?

I think I should e-mail the Premier League with my concept.

2Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Sun Apr 13 2014, 15:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can accept Dougie preferring 1-0's to 5-4's.

What annoys me is it's almost like he prefers 1-0's to 5-0's.

We could have gone out and absolutely hammered Barnsley yesterday. But where's the fun in that? 4-4-2 is old fashioned and doesn't show off his skills as a creative problem solver. We have to play containment football just so that he can show what a smart, progressive manager he is.

3Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Sun Apr 13 2014, 15:17

This idea's not as daft as it sounds.

They already do it in Rugby Union:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Sun Apr 13 2014, 15:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As long as Freedman is in charge we will play this negative containing style of football
We are going to have to get used to it but crowds will be down next season because of it

5Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Every time I see us trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead at home, I always remember what a palace fan said when Dougie came here - ''he loves a 1-0 win and would rather shut up shop with another defender rather than going for the 2nd''

How right he was.

6Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:06

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably the most boring team throughout the football League's.

Utter sleep material.

7Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:11

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Shit boring garbage, FUCK OFF FREEDMAN!!!!

8Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:Shit boring garbage, FUCK OFF FREEDMAN!!!!

Too many are focusing on our clown of a manager - what about this fooking brilliant idea of mine?

9Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bryan458 wrote:Shit boring garbage, FUCK OFF FREEDMAN!!!!

Too many are focusing on our clown of a manager - what about this fooking brilliant idea of mine?

Fuck the shit idea that you have pulled out of a cracker, at Christmas.

Lets just change the Manager, to a passionate, attacking inspirational one.

10Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Thu Apr 17 2014, 07:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't like the points for goals idea in a game where money is everything. If teams like Cardiff or Fulham can battle for an unlikely one nil away win at one of the top seven rich clubs (the same top seven as last year in the prem) I think they should be rewarded at least equally as Liverpool pumping a newly promoted side 5 nil.
The rich clubs already have the advantage of greater spending power, bigger and better squads and larger fan base (also bought) so there's no sense in giving them a further advantage that in itself is a product of their existing advantage.
There is already a huge gap between the rich and the poor and this idea would simply widen the gap and put the final nail in the coffin of any hope the less fashionable teams including BWFC may have left to get back on something approaching level terms.

11Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Thu Apr 17 2014, 10:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I don't like the points for goals idea in a game where money is everything. If teams like Cardiff or Fulham can battle for an unlikely one nil away win at one of the top seven rich clubs (the same top seven as last year in the prem) I think they should be rewarded at least equally as Liverpool pumping a newly promoted side 5 nil.
The rich clubs already have the advantage of greater spending power, bigger and better squads and larger fan base (also bought) so there's no sense in giving them a further advantage that in itself is a product of their existing advantage.
There is already a huge gap between the rich and the poor and this idea would simply widen the gap and put the final nail in the coffin of any hope the less fashionable teams including BWFC may have left to get back on something approaching level terms.

So entertainment counts for nothing?

And every game isn't Liverpool v Cardiff. What about crap like Bolton v Barnsley, Yeovil v Bournemouth, Rochdale v Morecambe? Surely you can't argue that more goals is a bad thing?

12Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Thu Apr 17 2014, 12:04

BL3White

BL3White
David Ngog
David Ngog

We had an attacking manager in Coyle. Look how that turned out! We just have to accept the club is like the obese son wanting to be a footballer. We turn up. We pay we watch them everyweek and we love them, but they aint half shit amd deep down we all know it!!

On the flip side nat the ideas great!! But it should be the same as rugby union.

0 points - lose by 2 or more
1 point - lose by one
2 points - draw
3 points - win
An extra bonus point for either team who scores three goals win or lose

13Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Thu Apr 17 2014, 14:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not fair in the Prem for starters .... you have the top teams paying big money for strikers and hammering the likes of West Ham or Palace for an even wider margin of points between the "Have" and the "Have Nots".

As for rule changes....Mine are:
1.  No back passes to the goalie from within the opponents half.
2.  Change the offside rule so that the attacker gets the edge on a level or a few inches...no  more offside by an elbow sticking out.
3.  When a player gets hurt by a bad tackle and has to go off the pitch ....the offending player must also go off the pitch.  If a player has to leave the game ...then the offending player must leave the game also.  I have never understood the logic of hacking down a guy then having the advantage of playing on with 11 against 10.
4. walls must be the 10 yards .....I believe in this world cup the refs have some device to measure that.....if the wall moves forward...retake the kick.

14Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Thu Apr 17 2014, 15:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can play 4-4-2 without going stupid with it '' Like Coyle'' did, tuck your two centre midfielders like holding midfielders in and burst on your wingers, then you've got two up top causing damage.

if you lose the ball your two midfielders will win it back , or try.

Then you go again, its attacking , but not being stupid, leaving too much open space in doing so.

15Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Thu Apr 17 2014, 15:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I don't like the points for goals idea in a game where money is everything. If teams like Cardiff or Fulham can battle for an unlikely one nil away win at one of the top seven rich clubs (the same top seven as last year in the prem) I think they should be rewarded at least equally as Liverpool pumping a newly promoted side 5 nil.

So entertainment counts for nothing?

So entertainment = goals? 
We all like to score but personally I like a bit of foreplay too. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like good defending, narrow misses, proper tackles, cohesive passing, bits of skill and a bunch of other stuff too.
Goals are already rewarded in several ways e.g. goal difference, goals scored and in some competitions away goals.
If you want more goals you should consider adopting the American idea of making the goals bigger. If they were 20 yards wide our strikers would be in with a shout although in all likelihood, Beckford would scuff it.
Or having some twat run from the halfway line unchallenged to beat the goalie if the scores are tied.
Or compulsory penalty shootouts for bonus points.

16Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Thu Apr 17 2014, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
We all like to score but personally I like a bit of foreplay too. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like good defending, narrow misses, proper tackles, cohesive passing, bits of skill and a bunch of other stuff too.
Goals are already rewarded in several ways e.g. goal difference, goals scored and in some competitions away goals.
If you want more goals you should consider adopting the American idea of making the goals bigger. If they were 20 yards wide our strikers would be in with a shout although in all likelihood, Beckford would scuff it.
Or having some twat run from the halfway line unchallenged to beat the goalie if the scores are tied.

What utter bollocks. No one goes to a game to see a tackle or a pass, they go to see their team win a game by as many goals as possible.

What would you rather do....see us beat Man Utd 5-0 or see Matt Mills play a 50 yard pass against Rotherham?

17Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Thu Apr 17 2014, 16:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want to watch good football, that includes great passing, great movement and great tackling.

Passing and movement is what entertains me, its not hard to implement either.

its entertaining, it looks good, and its better than what we're watching now, as Bolton fans.

18Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Thu Apr 17 2014, 21:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You lot are all saying the same thing ..... goals will come if you pass well, move, and attack with some imagination.  Along with some decent defensive work of course.

A basic criteria for a professional footballer should be the ability to trap a ball instantly and pass with either foot a weighted ball ten feet.  If you can't do that then you wouldn't even get into Arsenal's reserves.  Apparently though millions of pounds have to be spent to get this skill .... never been able to figure out why.

19Boring Boring Bolton Empty Re: Boring Boring Bolton Fri Apr 18 2014, 13:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

they go to see their team win a game by as many goals as possible.

Even if it's boring?  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum